The Keys of Krodacia

Showcase your completed mod here!
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

sorry for the late reply, heres some hints:

Go through the first door, go the the left, flip the switch, go right, fall down the opened platform, go to the right, stun the krodacian, climb the pole and translate.

If you dont have time to translate:

Go to the bottom right of the level. The bottom right is the area above the green electric things and depending on what skill your playing on a krodacian will be running around. There will also be a switch.

If your still stuck.

The path is in the ceiling, you'll have to perform a difficult pogo jump to get into it. (if i remember right, theres a pole up there to grab.) you can always just use the jump cheat :)
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Make sure you save ahead of time before you make the fateful pogo jump. The jump isn't particularily forgiving if you mess up.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Or, just open the map and take a look see where the level is. Ah, the joy of cheating!

[Actually, I can't open the map,no TED, but it would have worked if I could!]
XkyRauh

Post by XkyRauh »

Hey, those patches you used in the secret level were very cool. :) Surprised the heck out of me, too--I was admiring the scenery and layout, and -bam- I was assaulted. Kudos for excellent use of a patch, dude! :D
Chris Haydock

When are the other two episodes coming out?

Post by Chris Haydock »

Hello everyone! It is great that Ceilick made a first episode to The Universe Is Toast. It is high time that we got to play this game. But I want to know this: When are the next two episodes coming out? Ceilick, do you plan to make them at all? If you do, when? Because, if you don't, then I will make them. Please let me know.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

Hi and welcome :)

I'm glad you like the first episode of my unofficial Universe is Toast trilogy. I do plan on making the next two episodes eventually, though neither will be done anytime soon(possibly not for a LONG time).

In the meantime feel free to start your own mods, you'll find lots of help here at Keen:Modding :)
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I think someone estimated the amount of work involved to make a keen4, 5, 6 mod as something like 22 times the work needed to make a regular mod. Is that about right?
Chris Haydock

I'm willing to make them

Post by Chris Haydock »

Thanks for writing back, Ceilick. Since it sounds like you are not too motivated to make the other two episodes (no offense), I would be perfectly willing to make them for you. I do not mind doing this, as long as you don't mind me using some graphics/enemies from your game.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm pressuring you, it's just that I want the Keen community to finally have this game (they've been waiting 15 years :-) )
levellass

Post by levellass »

Well, there have been, to my knowledge two projects with the title 'The Universe is toast'; the first was a Keen 1 mod done some years ago, the second was Ceclick's mod. (Xtraverse also used the saying "You're toast' in one of his mods which was apparently an 'After Keen 6' storyline.)

Therefore I suspect that the Keen ommunity will only accept a game mad by Tom Hall as cannon and keeners themselves are free to write as many 'Universe is Toast' mods as they want. (It would pay to keep your storyline seperate from Ceilick's though.)
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

Levellass is right, I'm not the only person to make a "Universe is Toast" mod and I certainly won't be the last. If you really want to make your own "Universe is Toast" mods please do so, and as flattering as it is that you'd want to base it off my storyline I'd prefer if you'd leave that to me :)

I actually have quite a bit done with the second episode and a tiny bit of the third, but one of the major hindrances is that Keen 5 and 6 are not as easily patchable as keen 4. You'll notice in the "Galaxy Requests" section I have a request for some Nospike patches, 102 views but no replies :( This is because keen 5 and 6 have not been disassembled yet, so I just have to wait until they are.
levellass

Post by levellass »

For Keen 5 and six, I'm pretty sure it would b an easy enough task to extract all the animation frames, and once you had those, it would be pretty easy to fiddle with how sprites behave, but the only problem is you'd need time.
Chris Haydock

Excellent work!

Post by Chris Haydock »

I must admit, Ceilick, that when I first posted comments, I hadn't actually played the game yet. Well, I played it now, and it is excellent! You did it much better than I could have done it. It is very clever how you changed the appearances of the enemies. This game could have been an official game, with the way you changed the help menus and everything.

Just one very minor mistake: On the loading screen, it still says "Secret of the Oracle". But overall, an excellent game. I will look forward to episodes 8 and 9.

P.S. I searched on Yahoo for Nospike patches and nothing came up except your request for them. Oh well, I tried :-)
levellass

Post by levellass »

Actually, I don't think he actually *could* alter the loading screen, we're still flexing our muscle when it comes to Keen 4-6, it's new territory.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I think it is possible to change the starting screen, but I just couldn't seem to figure it out. I'm and artist, not a patcher/programmer :)

You've actually got me inspired to get working on episode 8 again, so hopefully we'll see it's release later this year (big maybe though).
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

You aren't kidding about being an artist. There have been a number of times when I've wished I could draw things in 16-bit as well as you. Any artistic advice for the aspiring modder?