Aliens vs Keen

Showcase your completed mod here!
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

Great Mod! The atmosphere in the mod was great, especialy when playing with the music files. I really liked the laboratory levels, your use of the falling block feature was awsome! I also really liked the patched butler bot/yorp, that was very creative. Most of the graphics are drawn great, my only complaint graphicly is that some tiles are very noticeably ripped: one of the blood stains is a recolored keen 1 tile, and the wire is from keen 4's wrist computer).

What I didnt like about the mod was the huge levels. I really dont have the patience to go through levels this big without cheating. I played roughly half the levels without cheats. I also didnt like the way the plot ran during the game and how the game was won, keen didnt seem to have any specific mission except to beat the levels. There has to be some motivation besides just beating all the levels. Other than those two things, great job!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Well, someone spotted my ripped tile. [Didn't know about the bloodstain though, that was there before me, as were most of the large levels]
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Benvolio goes red at the mention of big levels in a bad light. The thing is, they're so much fun to make - 120x120. But I appreciate they're not so much fun to play. Still, this mod's levels aren't too bad.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Well, the first 3 or 4 levels are pretty huge; Divo built em, and they can be a challenge to finnish, but not *that* hard, hell, Episode Smile hadfar smaller, yet herder levels to finnish.

The remaining levels are mine, and most of em aren't that big; I just don't have the stamina for the big levels I used to. *hires Benvolio*
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Levellord has hired Benvolio several times befor for the purpose of larger levels. Big money traveled from NZ to Ireland, all so xmasmod and halloween mod could exist.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Indeed, also we did a small heist to cover expenses.

If you feel like translating any more Keens, I can find you the structure of *all* the textboxes, menu, quitting, save game, you name it.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

As far as I can see, I translated every word of BB2. And for me that's enough sacrilege into the sacred code of Keen. And my next mod will be in the second language of Ireland: English. And despite the 'few and far between' phase in Modding in general, a slow trickle of work is going into Benvolio's next mod.
I just don't have the stamina for the big levels I used to.
Neither do I, that's the drag factor. Yet even as recently as Musical Keen, I was making huge ones.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Sorry if this is a bit after the fact but I've noticed a couple of issues with the mod in the first level. 1. The Alien that replaced the Vorticon can get into the section where your ship is crashed and keep you trapped on starting. And when you reach the top of the cave I've had the alien come through the door in the top left.