Patchwork Mod Mk-II

Showcase your completed mod here!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Patchwork Mod Mk-II

Post by levellord »

Yes, its finally here, the mod you've all been waiting for, sent stuff in for, forgotten about and bought the T-shirt, The 2nd Patchwork mod!

Get it here: http://levellord.toxicsheep.com/Patchwork%20MkII.zip

This mod has been triply beta tested, to the highest standards 2 teenage girls and a German guy could manage, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing there that will ruin your modding experience. [Although with KeenRush's levels the line between 'impossible' and 'KeenRussian' was very thin, I hope you realize I had to fight off a rabid beta tester from altering BOTH your levels KR.]

This time around I got a lot more levels than last time, so many I had to make 5 'extra' levels on a special section of map. Tiles came in pretty thickly after the origional trickle, as well as story ideas and art. No one added any patches though, so I had to be inventive.

As a bonus, try and guess which ONE level was constructed by me. [There are, I estimate, about 3 'impossible' levels in the mod, none is mine and none is vital, but if you finnish them, you're better than me.]
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Wohooo! Gonna play this after checking the forums! :D Cool!
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

What?

I've find a lot of little bugs, which I wanted to send you today! :-(

Is it too late now?

Well, I will send them to you!

EDIT: Now I've sent it! Oh my! o_O I see, there are even bugs in the mod, which I reported now! I'm glad that it isn't already on TGMM...
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I had planned updating TGMM later today with this.. But if you guys make corrections, go ahead. I'll wait a bit, then.
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

Thanks. Now I sent a second mail with some more buggy stuff.

There is even a "dead" level. I sent you a pic with two levels, but it seems that the other do work again...

EDIT: Other bugs found, but I don't want to send mail again:
You can stay on the deadly skull head blocks.
...Keen must destroy the terrible wepon... not weapon?
The screen for one of the rays is already deactivated and nothing happens if you use the switch.
Stealthy71088

Re: Patchwork Mod Mk-II

Post by Stealthy71088 »

levellord wrote:As a bonus, try and guess which ONE level was constructed by me. [There are, I estimate, about 3 'impossible' levels in the mod, none is mine and none is vital, but if you finnish them, you're better than me.]
If those levels are impossible, whats yours? Tripped out?
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I really can't guess. :\ Which was it, LL?
XkyRauh

Xky's guess

Post by XkyRauh »

The MAP level, duh! ;-) ((Just a guess))
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

EDIT: Now I've sent it! Oh my! o_O I see, there are even bugs in the mod, which I reported now! I'm glad that it isn't already on TGMM...
AAAAH!! I beta tested it twice, and what are most of these bugs?? Sprite problems, tile errors!! I didn't check for those twice! Aiieeee! Can I not win???

Alirght, bug [all those that can be] are fixed. The origional mod is OK, but if you want to try and see whats changed, reload the mod and see.
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

Nice work!

But I see that not all is fixed, for example, that the cheese holes of some treasures/items aren't congruent to the background cheese holes (means, that the holes moves a little bit, when you get an (scoring) item, for example the pistol, keys or ice at the handle).
And the top left spike of the spike ball hazard and the hole behind it are still light grey.

Please don't bash me with "Don't rush me!", it's simply a statement! :-) I know, that nobody have all time of the world!

In one level with tantalus ray (on the map it has blocking tiles, I think there is only one with these) you get a red key at the beginning. But there is a second red key at the right end of the level. But I can't find a second door! Or? And the bridge, which appears if you use the switch there, is in the liquid, so you can't move on it. Maybe it is one tile too deep?

And in the Game Over sequence sometimes strange tiles do appear (for example right to the explosion). And why the bullets of the Guard Robot replacement do come from the center, when he looks to right?

EDIT: Why did you place my small signatures into a level from another modder? That looks like that I made this level, but it isn't so. And in the text which appears if you quit the game the last sentence begins with a big letter, not with a small.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

EDIT: Why did you place my small signatures into a level from another modder? That looks like that I made this level, but it isn't so. And in the text which appears if you quit the game the last sentence begins with a big letter, not with a small.
Ah, sorry, that was BD, she has to make a level that uses EVERY tile, and she did. [Well, as many as she could fit.] If I were you I'd just take the credit for it.

In the doubble key level, there is no second door, I don't know why that key is there, but it was there in the origional and I didn't want to screw anything up. Same goes for the switch.

The world ending sequence [and highscores] sometimes go wonky, I don't know why, nor what to do about the robots shots.

As for the backgrounds not being congruent, meh.
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

Oops, the mod is already on TGMM. LL, will you make nevertheless a corrected version again, also with fixed bugs which I said about in my last postings?
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

If you make another corrected version I'll upload that to replace to current download I have in TGMM.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Oops, the mod is already on TGMM. LL, will you make nevertheless a corrected version again, also with fixed bugs which I said about in my last postings?
Whenever a bug is mentioned, I immediately repair it [If possible or desired] and upload it to my site, so, the repaired version is already there!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Ok, I updated.. By the way, why is this new version ~50kb smaller? Hope you didn't forget anything, I'm too lazy to check..