Xky's One Level Mod

Showcase your completed mod here!
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

right now my Keen sprite still needs to fix his climb-up-over-the-edge animation when he's facing right
Whoah... you need to teach me how to get my sprites how to fix themselves. I always have to do fixes for them!

=P
najawa

Huh?

Post by najawa »

Why change the keen sprite, are you trying to make it look like keen 1-3?

edit: Oh! DUH!!! Xky has to impliment his signature into his creation; Xky Keen!
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Is the sprite of Keen that you have animated under your name in all the forums your new XkyKeen4 sprite? Because it is another demonstration of your (Xky's) ability to create a perfect realisation of a brilliant idea. (The idea of making Keen look as stylised as possible).
XkyRauh

what?

Post by XkyRauh »

Yeah, that guy over there <--- is my Keen sprite for XkyKeen4. He needs some work still, though.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Yeah, right now its only perfect, Xky will probbably inprove it a few times.
XkyRauh

barf

Post by XkyRauh »

Ugh, you obviously haven't seen my pogo frames. :-( I'd cry right now if I had to release them as-is.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Xky: *Looks at pogo frames*

Xky: *sniff* .... Waaaaa!

LL: Hey Xky! Lookit my new sprite!

Xky: *Looks* Gaaaaiiieeeeeeee!!!!
najawa

tissue please...

Post by najawa »

Snap out of it; I'd cry when I look at my keen frames too: I've done something to this keen you'd never imagine...

Oh, I geuss I've got to keep some secrets too.

He He He

-- NAJAWA --
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

Ilsoap is getting married, actually. Combine that with the fact that he's looking for work in the animation industry, he's one busy fellow. He won't be doing an Episode 3 for a few reasons.

First off, Commander Keen is still copyrighted by ID Software, and can't be used without permission. The animation may look awesome, but it's not exactly legal for him to be using it for anything which would make him money (including a portfolio for getting a job!) He's better off doing work which showcases his originality and talent, so that he can get a job and feed his wife and potential children.

Second, he's got other things he's involved with. Commander Keen is awesome and all, but he's got an actual life to live! He still pokes around here and there to say hi, and we love him for that, but he's slowly moving on. :-)
Thanks for filling in for me Xky. I couldn't have said it any better myself.
najawa

Post by najawa »

Well, it'll be sad to see such a talented modder go, but we hope you still pop up every so often, and just visit.

-- NAJAWA --
Ilsoap

Post by Ilsoap »

Oh, I intend to. You guys'll never get rid of me completely.
najawa

Wait!!!

Post by najawa »

You mean your avatar is what Xky Keen 4 is going to look like? TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Though, I can imagian it'd be hard to impliment a pogo into him: He may be the cutest keen I have ever seen, but his arms...
Eomer wrote:"I do not doubt his heart; only the reach of his arm"
^Yeah^ That's exactly what I meant; their to short, though you could give him a smaller pogo; but oh well... Good luck!

-- NAJAWA --