VOX

Showcase your completed mod here!
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

wow I really looking forwarth to it. I'd like to beta test the first episode, and then play the full version of 2 en 3 later
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I'm happy to beta test! ;) It'll be awesome when it's released.
CommanderSpleen

I'm in!

Post by CommanderSpleen »

*slaps novelty oversized 'BETA TESTER' sticker on forehead, polishes Ctrl+Alt keys*
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

you'll be done soon then. Keep up the good work!
Tulip

What's up with VOX

Post by Tulip »

I can see that the last entry on VOX was back in 2005.
Is the project really dead? It would be sad, because I quite liked the screenshots on the hompage, and I also liked to play Keen Y.

It would be nice to hear something new about this one.

TULIP
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Heh, yeah, I'm pretty sure this is dead. I don't think I've heard from Grelphy in quite a while either. I actually thought about Vox the other day while I was playing Grelphy's Keen Y, but it had been ages since I'd thought about it.

Anyway yeah, almost certainly dead, considering Grelphy hasn't been around for quite some time.
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

I'm not dead yet!

Anyhoo... Vox seems to be. My days of copious spare time seem to have vanished about when I went to a real high school with real homework, and now I'm all wrapped up with trying to find a job so I can pay for college.

It's really tragic when life intervenes. =(

Give me a few days to dig up what I've done, and I'll post it somewhere. I seem to recall I'd actually finished the first episode and done graphics and levels for the second and third--just patching and testing to get them finished, but there's very little chance I'll have time.

Nice to know that people are still interested, though. Y'all make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. =)

EDIT: I grabbed these off my email account. Episode three is (hopefully) at home on a flash drive somewhere--I'll try and get to that this weekend.
Vox1.zip
vox2_beta1.zip
levellass

Post by levellass »

This looks like it needs finishing by a team of dedicated modders!
Tulip

Thanks alot.

Post by Tulip »

Well thank you,
Who'd think a single message could bring up some nearly done mods.

I already downloaded and tested it. Unfortunately the first one is missing a tileinfo and .pat file. If you can still find it anywhere, the first one would really be complete. If not I can try to create new ones, so if you got some special monsterpatches in mind, tell me about it.

Thanks again

TULIP
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Hmmm Vox2 looks promising! I loved those elongated platforms, such an idea never occurred to the Benvolian mind, I confess!!

Vox1 is i'm sure, promising, but the zip i downloaded apparently lacks a "vox1.pat", rendering the files largely useless to me. did other people get a patchfile with theirs???

this reminds me, i should release a "ESSENTIAL RARITIES" set, full of my 3 or 4 half-done mods, some of which are quite good.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I have the pat file and tile info with mine...

You should release those half mods, we can combine two of them to make a whole one!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

levellass wrote:I have the pat file and tile info with mine...

You should release those half mods, we can combine two of them to make a whole one!
Could you post the pat and tile info files of your Vox1 anywhere so it can be downloaded?

Thanks in advance.
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

Alright, here we go. Sorry this took so long. This should work, but I haven't had a chance to test it. Includes what I've done of all three episodes.

vox.zip (308 KB)

As per standard, you'll have to provide your own keen2.exe and keen3.exe

Can somebody tell me if this works? Ark has both "zip archive" and "archive zip" as available formats, and I have no idea if I got the right one...
levellass

Post by levellass »

Both formats are similar,, in this case you've chosen the 'nonstandard' format, but this is still treated as a zip file by most applications. The differences are mainly in how the FAT (I think that's what it's called.) is stored in the file, these should unzip fine.

In other news, I humbly ask permission to finish these, they are very good and will allow me to try a few devious tricks I've developed. :)
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

Have at them. I think there's enough material present to make the intended storyline clear if you want to follow it, but anybody and everybody has my complete permission to hack these all to pieces and steal whatever they want.

LLass, if you do finish it, I look forward to playing it. ;)