Revenge Of The Shikadi Trilogy

Showcase your completed mod here!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I doubt anyone discovers my mods anymore..
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

I discovered Yorphius II three years after it was made. It was amusing that it was called a "total conversion". Funnily enough, I'll have to use a similar term in my next mod as well... I won't explain why just yet :-D
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Yorpius II was one of if not the first mod i played, and i liked it a lot. You had brilliant secret areas, the themes were nice, the venus fly traps were astounding, and the ending was really cool. And i searched everywhere and couldn't find that little robot with the hat replacement.
XkyRauh

hehe

Post by XkyRauh »

Yorphius II was THE first total mod, wasn't it? I really like the tile design you used in it, KeenRush.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Yes it was, however, that begs the question, there were nontotal mods?
XkyRauh

well

Post by XkyRauh »

If I remember correctly, there were tons of level packs, and occasionally color edits and/or minor graphical changes. Like "I added a line of black to the top of the pogo sprite so it doesn't look weird anymore," etc. :-) KeenRush, on the other hand, totally reinvented Keen.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Yeah, it was the first total mod; meaning new tiles and sprites, levels, and some changed text. I should've looked at ck1patch more, but I just didn't realize it back then -- you know like first you can't figure something out but then someday you just get it and so on. That happened to me. The graphic tweaks with level packs, I have seen none that could be called mod.. Best I've seen was some mess of random colours. (That obviously wasn't new graphics, but making the file corrupted or something to get the effect.)
It was amusing that it was called a "total conversion".
That was because I had modded Duke 3D before that (and with same attitude than Keen modding; never managed to release anything because projects always stopped or restarted). Duke mods were called 'total conversions' instead of 'mods'. Back then I for some reason loathed the word 'mod' and wanted Keen mods to be called TCs.. ::crazy:: Luckily that changed really soon all by itself, and turned that I would never use word TC anymore. :p It changed really fast..