KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Wow, very droolish! :)
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Done muhahahaha!

Post by levellord »

Done! Its done! Finnished! Finito! Complete!

http://www.freewebs.com/levellord_keen/shadowkeen3.zip

Thanks go out to Captain Keen and Black Diamond for beta testing.

Enjoy!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Grrrg! I was supposed to do school stuff, not play Keen! :P

AWESOME!! Great job LL, your best this far.

Grrh, really makes me want to have more time to mod, get my mod done and start some new..
CommanderSpleen

Woohoo!!

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Ultra Trippy! I like! I've played it once, but I keep fumbling around all over the place and getting myself killed

So far, excellently classilous. Well-planned levels (at least, it looks that way), tasty looking ditheringful tiles, awesome map level. And much original artwork! Nice.

I'll keep ye posted when I get stuck into playing it a bit more.

>Commander Spleen
XkyRauh

re: Shadow Keen 3

Post by XkyRauh »

I really wish you wouldn't distribute the Keen3.exe, even if you did just rename it with a batch file... :-) Either way, this mod is fantastic. I genuinely like this one--more than the patchwork mod. This sucker's got huge variety, devious-yet-flexible-yet-possible level design, and a whole lot of personality. Well done, LevelLord! :-D

This is my new vote for Keenest Mod 2004.

--Xky
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

great mod, i like it more than your other mods. The last level was pretty clever, and nice job on the tiles. All the red makes me sick to my stomach though.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Ah, today I have finally time to play it through! :)
Yesterday (and hours today) I literally was writing school stuff all the day -- I started yesterday at ~11.30 am and was sitting in front of comp and writing to this day's ~5:10 am.. So, almost 18 hours..
Ezjay

Post by Ezjay »

:) What is it with that about me... screen?

Edit: and ehm i didnt know mort was Proton's Son... where'd you get that from?
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Dunno, at least not from any official Keen thing. :)
XkyRauh

re: Mort Proton

Post by XkyRauh »

Mort's relation to Doc Proton is the same as the Vorticons' trade treaty with the Narlns... based entirely on creative license. ;-)

[Edit: I've really got to stop writing a sentence and then going back to change the verb tenses... it makes me sound like a moron.]

--Xky
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

Great style, LevelLord ... but who the hell has magic mushrooms as one of the goodies???!!! *emotikeen with lots of pretty colors*
Ezjay

Post by Ezjay »

Levellord what's wrong?!? I completed all but the supersecret* level and only found three major errors so far!

Seriously, looks like you really toke note of my brothers comments this time, cuz when i saw the beta i wasn't expecting something as good as this. I always liked your original ideas, like the way you use bridges, invisible tiles, and the mangling machine, and how there's secrets in every level. Now that we finally get a change to see them without contantly being bothered by bugs and excessive hardness they get the respect they deserve. Your ripped graphics never really bothered me, they look good, just makes the whole thing feel a but sloppy. Another thing your mod still suffers from is the shitload-of-goodies-makes-them-worthless effect: Ever since level01 your loaded with lives and bullets, never having to worry about them again. In some levels i just died and died and died trying to do something silly but my keens remained uncountable. What's the point of risking you live for bullets and teddy's if you don't need them? With that being said, and the absence of blocking levels, there never really is a reward for completing a level, it never gets you further in the game.
However, great mod. I love that level where you stop the rockets (note that when you rip graphics from the game youre modding its really showing), how it's mentioned on the story and how the stars in the window tell you how many time to flip the switches. (those switch tiles sucked btw, what with a leave that doesn't move?).

For now, i'd give this mod something around a 6.8, wich means it's better than yorphius and bazooka bowagger but not as good as the monkey business beta and keen Y.
Your best work since patchworkmod LL! Be proud!

*It's so secret, not only do you have to cheat to get it to it, you can't even enter it!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Thnx.

However, I didn't really do the patchwork mod, I just stiched it together. Its really annoying getting credit for it. I'll note your points.

BTW: I haven't been able to animate the switch, no matter what I did.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Yeah, there isn't that kind of animated switch like in Keen 2. Same 'problem' in Keen 1.
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

lol, who told you that? I do have an animated switch in my keen1 mod. so I think it should be possible in keen3 to.