Shadow Keen 2

Showcase your completed mod here!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Sounds goooood!
Keen definitely will have no pogo, It will also contain the immortal vortikid patch, and no, most of the vortikids won't go falling off the screen.
Sounds nice..
BTW, does anyone have that QBasic program that edits CK 1-3 score files?
Nope.
But if you can wait some time, and if I'm not too lazy, I could make a windose tool for editing those.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I started making the tool yesterday, Keen 1 score format is done already. :) (well, it wasn't hard but notice I'm lazy)
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Please post link! [Methinks Keen 1 format= Keen2,3 format.]

More progress! Levels under construction. Possibility of Easy Medium and Hard difficulties being considered. However for this to work, I'd need to know a patch that changes the amount of ammo a raygun gives you...
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Link? I looked it by myself. :)
And yes, the Keen 2 and 3 is very same, I'll start working on those now.
More progress! Levels under construction. Possibility of Easy Medium and Hard difficulties being considered. However for this to work, I'd need to know a patch that changes the amount of ammo a raygun gives you...
Nice to hear! Hehe, and I already did that kind of patch for Xky. ;) Here:
viewtopic.php?t=66
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Captain Keen, what is your beta testing email?

[contact six_different_people@hotmail.com]
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

It's ready already?! :)

Anyways; I just "finished" the 'Commander Keen Scores' program. It supports Keen 1-3 high score tables. Now you can save and load the score lists, modify them and save again. Or start a new and save that, whatever. The loading and saving functions work perfectly.
Well, probably nobody needs that tool anyways, but at least there is now one if someone needs. Or well, it actually isn't anywhere yet, since I'll need to clean the code a bit and so on. (Must be the worst source I've written, ever.)
I thought to add Keen Dreams and 4-6 support, but I'm too lazy to make them to this version. If I sometime make the version 2.0 they will be there. I think I release the tool day after tomorrow; tomorrow I'm away the whole day.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

It's ready already?! :)
Oh heck no, it has the buggiest code I've ever written. A few more late nights should do it. [I'll make up the sleep in science class.]
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Anyway, here it is now:
viewtopic.php?t=327
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

And its done! [ http://www.freewebs.com/gannalev/Shadow%20Keen%202.zip ]

After a weeks worth of late nights and sleeping through maths Shadow Keen 2 is complete. [When I started I used an old tileset and some old levels, so that speeded things up.]

Featuring craptacular graphics and three dificulty settings, as well as a guide to beating all the levels. [So if you can't do something its your fault.]

I really have to thank Captain Keen for beta testing, he found 97 errors, including 23 that stop entire levels being played.
CommanderSpleen

Aiieeee!

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Argh! Not more batch files! One day you should try compiling them all into one COM file... ;,

Anyway, I've only played one level so far ("THIS LEVEL IS POINTLESS"), but it's intriguing nonetheless. I may yet borrow that grey spectre monk for Monky Business Episode II, when the time comes.

At the moment, I'm in the midst of an abandonware downloading spree and other such randomage, but once my Keen-o-Matic is all set up, I'll get stuck into it.

Congratulations on another speedy and weireded out mod.

>Commander Spleen
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Hmmm, a night to spend with computer but nothing planned? A mod ready? Yes sir! :) I'll try soon!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Ah.. So.. Beautiful.. *drool*

Gotta say, this modification is million times better than Shadow Keen 1. Even there's some ripped/borrowed graphics, it's really good job!
This is probably the most beautiful mod graphically I've ever seen. All those colours, they are just so cool!

How did you know I just love that bright red combined with blues? :P

Also, this all makes me notice two important things;
1. my art suxx0rs
2. my levels aren't hard enough.
Grrrg. I will probably post couple of screenies from my mod, this night!
Edit: Too lazy this night, probably today daytime. :)

Also, I love the "Pac-Man" vortikid replacement, it's really cool and nice idea!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Argh! Not more batch files! One day you should try compiling them all into one COM file... ;,
Explain! I've always wanted to use .COM files!
Ah.. So.. Beautiful.. *drool*
Thanks, I'm glad I managed some inprovement.[and that there doesn't seem to be too many bugs yet, and that the .BAT files work....]
CommanderSpleen

COMmander BATman.

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Explain! I've always wanted to use .COM files!
Download Bat2Exe

This'll compile batch files into .COM.

>Commander Spleen
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

LevelLord You are So CRAZY!!!!!! I found 97 bugs but how many did you fix three ,four??.any way when I played it I just drowned in the bugs.why didnt you send me the final version!?! in hard mode the starting position is at a place you can't get out so that mode is allready impossible. and I found many other major bugs even bug that wherent even there in the version you send me.