Patchwork Mod.

Showcase your completed mod here!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Patchwork Mod.

Post by levellord »

Get it here:

http://www.freewebs.com/gannalev/pmod.zip

This really should've been posted here as well, but given the CKCM, I think people have their hands full already.

What is it? The patchwork mod is a mod produced from little fragments sent in by lots of different Keeners. Me and KeenRush colated them, and filled in the blanks where necessary.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Yah, I was already going to post it here, but I was too lazy.
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

briljant I love this mod. when you start another mod like this I'm sure I,m gonna make something too! Nice tiles and challenging levels. but I had too make my own bat file because I didnt work. another thing when you get to the secred level and then go through the teleporter you can't go back whitout using tab+shift. and in the last level after you get the red key you have to use godmode too get out of there. but anyway I'd say this is the second best mod yet (best is keen null).
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Errata

Post by levellord »

1.) There will be another mod sometime, possibly a Keen 2 one. I look forward to seeing your graphics.

2.) The BAT file should be fixed now, its the origional one KeenRush gave me.

3.) Damn! You're right! No one else complained either, perhaps they cheat?

4.) Right again! And again no one complained! Next time I'm sending stuff to you to beta test.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Oh f*c*.
You're correct. On the last minute before sending the zip I went and changed those things one tile higher, and of course forget to think that they could affect to the thing player couldn't climb back up from the place where the red key is.. I am really sorry! Well, it isn't too late to change that thing and upload a new version, righto LL?
XkyRauh

re: Patchwork mod

Post by XkyRauh »

I gotta say, I really like this mod--it's a fantastic effort from a talented group of Keeners. Way to go, guys. I've almost completed it, and the pacing, size, and depth of each level is almost perfect. :-) So far I'm voting this "Mod of the Year 2004."

--Xky
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

I found one more little bug. when you play level 8 and die you lose de green chip (well you don't really lose it but its not on the list).
just in case you wanted to make another version for some reson
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Flyspray.

Post by levellord »

Unfortunately, that bug cannot be fixed. Nice spotting though. :}
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

it's not that i'm really searching for bugs. I just found out while playing.
pacmanbert

Post by pacmanbert »

'Twas Billy, and the Skypest Slugs
McMire and Mimrock in the game
All Lindsey were the Pogo Gargs,
And the Mushrooms insane.
Brilliant.

(the mod too, b.t.w. :-)
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

@LL: By the way, did you test the level which I sent to you for second Patchwork Mod? I don't have Keen 2, so I tried it some time ago in Keen 1. But it is really hard for me, I didn't beaten it. Do you had more success?
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Yes. My level tester 'Black Diamond' 'softened' it a bit to make it beatable, but its still one hell of a level to do. I'm glad you didn't put a tantalus ray in it. It looks as if the patchwork mod II will be released in less than a month everything goong correctly.
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

Hehe, I didn't thought that I can make really hard levels! Image

I found a little shading mistake left to the blue door. Could you correct it? There are a little bit too less shadows!

I'm happy that the release is soon. But I'm not so happy that I'll can't play it, 'cause I don't have Keen 2. :-(
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Just an advice; build only levels that you can yourself pass (unless you really suck at Keen, of course). I never release any levels that I can't myself pass. :)
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

Keenrush, your mad keening skillz mean that just because you can beat a level, it doesn't actually mean that it's possible. ;)

I use that same measure as a judge for difficulty: If I can do it easily, it's medium; if I have trouble, it's really hard. You are your best level/beta tester: you know all the potential trouble spots and secrets that others may miss. Even if other betatesters have given your mod a clean bill of health, you should go through it yourself before releasing it.