Zelda II Mod

Showcase your completed mod here!
DobaySoft

Re: Lava isn't hurting you? ... shouldn't that be a good thi

Post by DobaySoft »

> as for the lava, yes there are some spots where the lava doesn't hurt
> you.
Now I have found the spots of lava which do kill me so I see it's intentional... yeeeouch! :)

> for the "ship parts" ... nnn... the only one that i could really think that
> you might miss completely is in the last level.
I don't think so. You mean you do see it's there and who's stupid enough to leave the level without looking for it?

> as for the previewing the falls, i tried very hard for you to be able to
> make it to at least one ledge down or up for that matter w/o being
> threatened by death.
That was only a problem on one or two levels.

> as for the last couple levels, i found that if you just went around the
> enemies, you'd be fine.
Well especially the temple level with the three or four jumping enemies below you... brrr.

> if you were looking to kill everything in every level however, you may
> find yourself running out of ammo in those last two levels fairly quickly.
Just for you to know, I have only two levels left for the second and the third relic and I've got about 92 shots left.

> oh yea! as the mod's been out a while... and i haven't gotten any
> complaints about the MASSIVE FLAW in the design of my mod...
Oh. I *did* go through the skull door on the very long blue-brick level once. But I counted it as a single bug.

Still, one of the best mods I have played.

DobaySoft
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Xky was telling me earlier about how you were having a tile problem when you were making your mod. When you ran the pat., all the tiles would be replaced by one, all with the same properties as that one. I've run into that problem myself with that mod. I suspect its because I'm working with an out of date ckpatch and perhaps the original keenedit (I'm stll not sure how to tell if have the original, so I'll prolly just dl the latest.) I just wanted to know if you did something about that, other than just backing it up constantly.
CheesyDave

Post by CheesyDave »

._. i do remember opening up tile edit a couple times and finding all my information gone, but later discovered it was because i'm a moron and would export the dat w/o saving the tileinfo file >>;

i did have a problem where the tileinfo file became corrupted -- or something. i don't know what happened, i was moving around a large block of tiles and when i opened the game, none of my tiles acted as they should have (everything was background). i opened tileinfo and found that my file just had everything set to background with, i think, the left side blocking. i sighed and started over :/ sorry i didn't debug it, i don't know enough about the inards of the tileinfo program, g'luck tho~
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

yea, thnx. I think it has to do with the fact that I tried to write the patchfile myself- thus excluding the version number, so it automatically assumes the wrong one or something.