Valentine's Keen

Showcase your completed mod here!
levellass

Valentine's Keen

Post by levellass »

Happy New Year!

I say belatedly. Due to PCKF nonexistence this release has been delayed somewhat. Finally it is here, Valentine's Keen, a collaboration between the 'lass, the 'lick and the 'mart. (Oh and some other loser too who don't matter.)

It can be acquired here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3940020/Valentines%20Keen.zip and comes in Para approved and para disapproved versions. (A second zip contains the censored graphics.)

This has been thoroughly alpha, beta and gamma tested, so you know it's bound to be riddled with bugs. (The worst is 'The mysterious Freeze' The only thing greater than its mystery is its frozen-ness.)

Aaaanyway...

Join Commander Keen on a quest to save Valentine's day from really bad things! Boasting 20 levels, a (neeeeaaarrrrlllyyy) original musical score, revamped graphics and 102KB of pure patching power (Say that six times fast!) it's a holiday mod like no other! Spread the love, try it now!

And of course report any bugs here, as long as they're not in the 'unsolvable issues' list. (Sigh.)
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Wow. This is beautiful. Such atmosphere, both in terms of graphics and sound (What Is Love cover, amazing...), and perfect difficulty. The map is so well composed that I kinda want to live there. The production value of this mod, despite its quirky bugginess, are inspiring. It now lives on my Pandora for future spare tiems

Also nice Mondochrome reference. ^_^
levellass

Post by levellass »

Yes, the bugs will no doubt take time to iron out, they always do. But I have high hopes there might not be too many this time. (You can actually win the game!)
CommanderSpleen

I take back what I said about the difficulty. I'm pretty sure that underground spike cave in Dead Forest is impossible. I can make it through the gauntlet, but by the time I get to the skeletons all the puppies have become warewolves and there's no time to maneuver to shoot the skeletons.

Also those thin roof spikes are extremely uncool. Mostly empty tile graphic with full collision. I keep misjudging my jumps under them. /o\
levellass

Post by levellass »

That's Para's king of levels.

To beat the wolves hop on the pumpkins, you can jump between them firing down, rapidly blasting them to bits. I have tested the rest of the spike cave and it is possible, with a bit of practice. The level as a whole is gigantic and maybe para will give us a demonstration of it. (Scarlet already has a walkthrough video of it if you ask.)
CommanderSpleen

You can fire down? :0 THIS CHANGES ALL THE THINGS

I had a vague notion the pumpkins must have something to do with it.