My entrance to keen modding: Bananasauros!

Showcase your completed mod here!
VikingBoyBilly

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Thanks to paramultart this will be put on hold for a week.
But here's some screens to show some progress:
PS: Suddenly photobucket really sucks D=
Grimson

Post by Grimson »

This is awesomeward. Though I think the Bananasaur still looks too much like a puppy with a ...thick rear, rather than a lizard.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

this looks extremely cute. Grimson is wrong, bananasauros look great.
Grimson

Post by Grimson »

This could be of inspiration.
VikingBoyBilly

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

So I started working on this again. Yes, the lack of release or any news about this for the past couple months is because I stopped for a while. But I was working on other (non-keen) mods. To give a general idea, I've finished two more maps in the past 2 days, and I aim on finishing at least one map a day. Of course, I also have more to do with graphics and patching, so there's that.

So from Shaymoria I learned that you can put music in Vorticons-engine keen games. I can make MIDI music, somewhat, but I have no clue with IMFs and suck at knowing how to convert it from MIDI to sound good. Maybe some willing participant(s) can help in this department, lest I'll decide to leave it mute (at least for the first version).

I can't promise when it will finished, but unlike Duke Forever and that "where'd everyone go?" thing, This Will Be Done.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I suggest that you get yourself IMFCreator, a MIDI->IMF converter. It has the disadvantage that you can't really change the sounds of the IMF instruments produced from the midi ones (Though you can tinker a bit) but anyone who can edit a MIDI should be able to mostly overcome these (Hint: drums are the worst, and reverse cymbal... ouch.) If you know about CMF files you can convert midi to these then tweak them THEN make an IMF file from that. This results in better sound, but takes a lot more knowhow and effort.

IMFCreator is here: http://winwolf3d.dugtrio17.com/download/IMFCreator
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

waiting patiently for what will surely be a great mod :beggingkeen
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Good to hear, it'll be a nice mod.
Flyingmouse

Post by Flyingmouse »

If you have a track to spare, the gunshot sound (MIDI track 128, according to Finale Notepad 2008) is a better snare drum noise than the snare drum track itself...
VikingBoyBilly

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Flyingmouse wrote:If you have a track to spare, the gunshot sound (MIDI track 128, according to Finale Notepad 2008) is a better snare drum noise than the snare drum track itself...
I already made all the music :blushing