Keen -6: Version 1.0 RELEASED!!!

Showcase your completed mod here!
Fleexy
Site Admin

Keen -6: Version 1.0 RELEASED!!!

Post by Fleexy »

Here is my labor for four months. It involves Christ! :)

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S DONE!!

Get it!

Any comments or compliments would be appreciated!

Have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!

It's hard.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

It's hard.

And it's very confusing. I managed to get through level one. But I'll need some time to get in the right state of mind for level two.
Mink

Post by Mink »

Fleexy wrote:It's hard.
This is definitely an understatement. I must have gotten four game overs on the first level alone before I got frustrated enough to turn cheats on. Speaking of which, I find it hilariously ironic that God mode is disabled by default. (Generally, I prefer it when you can use cheats at any time, as they let you see more of the mod.) It's even difficult with god mode, since those red shots (ice cube replacements?) kill you whether or not God mode's on. Is there a reason they return you to the world map immediately without Keen's death animation? Also, were enemies only in the final level?

Other than these small issues, I found the mod pretty enjoyable. I like how you used the flags on the map, and I found the "This is classy" sign in the first level pretty funny.
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

Heehee, it's supposed to be hard. :)

I don't know what the deal is with the red shots.

How'd you enable codes? The patchfile should be read-only and hidden. :|
Mink

Post by Mink »

I've got hidden files viewable by default. :) I then copy and pasted the patch into a new file, deleted the old one, and saved the new file with the same name. After this, I added patches to change the cheat keys back to the original ones.
levellass

Post by levellass »

For me, dir/w

Your icecubes access Keen's death code directly, without checking for godmode, etc. Nifty!

Your executable strategy is a bit odd to say the least...
HoboRed

Post by HoboRed »

The secret lvl neads more security other wise I give it a 5
XkyRauh

Post by XkyRauh »

Hmm. I hate to be biased, but I am pretty strongly against Keen being an evangelist. The story, however tongue in cheek it may have been, didn't excite me about the mod at all. Combine that with some creepy-hard level design, and I'm having a hard time getting past level 1 with any level of enthusiasm. :\
Bonevelous

Post by Bonevelous »

When I try to run it, it says I'm missing keen1.zat. :/
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

phpBB likes to hide new posts from me. >:(

Hmm... I bet your computer doesn't move hidden files if you can't see them. Re download and don't move anything. All necessary files are included, including KEEN1.EXE.

Have fun!
(And die a lot)

@HoboRed: is that 5/5 or 5/10. 5/5 is a lot better that 5/10. I wasn't being very creative with the secret level. I was thinking: "OK, I need to put this somewhere, Ally, you decide!"
levellass

Post by levellass »

Hidden files are only copied when the folder they are in is copied. I suggest you not put hidden files in your releases next time, they complicate things.
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

I found some various bugs in some levels of Keen -6, so here is Service Pack 1:

Download Service Pack 1 for Keen -6

Just paste in the contents of the zip into the real folder. It also contains a non-hidden patchfile.

[/windowsupdate]
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

I found some various bugs in some levels of Keen -6, so here is Service Pack 1:

Download Service Pack 1 for Keen -6

Just paste in the contents of the zip into the real folder. It also contains a non-hidden patchfile.

[/windowsupdate]

EDIT: could an admin delete the 'extra' post?
levellass

Post by levellass »

Look at your posts, in their window is an 'Edit' button. THIS is what you use to edit a post. There should not be 'extra' posts.

EDIT: The button is just next to the 'quote' one, in the window's top right. Next to it is the 'delete' button, that lets you delete your own messages.

EDIT: Notice the little edit message at the bottom of my post window! Also, I suggest you use the 'preview' option when submitting things, just to check stuff.