Showcase your completed mod here!
Bonevelous

ChibiKeen...

Post by Bonevelous »

...Here it is.

Yep. I released it here as well. :)
The Shifted One

Post by The Shifted One »

Heh pretty funny but theres an error with the exit (bottom tiles change as the collision point is changed) and I cant shoot without having to jump as I hit the floor :P

I havent tried it long enough to find other stuff if there is any but its pretty funny and nicely made.
XkyRauh

Post by XkyRauh »

I like the jump animation! Looks nice. What's going on with the pogo, though? Looks like glasses of some sort.

Needs patching to ensure Keen's shots don't collide with the ground (this is an easy fix) but a good start! :)
Bonevelous

Post by Bonevelous »

Thanks for noticing. :)

I noticed these problems while testing my mod, but I'm not yet sure how to fix it. I could search for the solution on the modding index by levellord. BTW, which section is it in? :S

Edit: Update!! Click here for some Xky Rauh inspired fun!!
levellass

Post by levellass »

The reason the shot hits is because Keen has been made shorter, and so the default height is now in the dirt. The solution to this can be found under 'K' in the patch index (Keen) and is as follows:

Code: Select all

#Keen's shot height (Default $000009, if zero then no shot appears)
%patch $46DC     $09
%patch $46DE $00 $00
However, even setting this to a sensible value such as zero doesn't fix things! Making it insanely small, ($FF $FF\$EF for example) makes a ZAP sprite appear above Keen's head. I am not quite sure what's going on here, but I don't like it.

In general though, this is a good project and deserves to be finished; keep it up!