The Yorped Level Pack

Showcase your completed mod here!
Fleexy
Site Admin

The Yorped Level Pack

Post by Fleexy »

I know. I have four projects going on at once. (Keen 1 mod, Keen 4 mod, A New Dope level pack, and this level pack.) I am working on a Keen 1 level pack. I will not release before I finish, but you can see some screenshots here. There are a lot of yorps. Image

Just wait,
--Fleexy
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Another levelpack. Cool, I expect it to be hard considering the level design of your Keen1 mod.
And there is still so many levelpacks I haven't played.
The Shifted One

Post by The Shifted One »

Seems like fun, Il be sure to try this out once its done :)
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

Interesting concept, the last screen in particular struck me as good. Initially I thought "There are just way too many teddy bears crammed in there", but then I realized that is a rather challenging part considering the two fire tiles and the herd of yorps that would love to push Keen into said fire. If you use yorps like this elsewhere, where the player has to actually deal with them somewhat strategically rather than just shoot through a pack of them, the level pack could have a lot going for it.

In instances like that though, I would recomend a few things (which you may be able to apply elsewhere as well):

1. Make the teddy bears a more uniform structure. This will give it a lot more visual appeal, in my opinion. A simple pyramid of them would do.

2. Take out that 'die' sign, or, move it off to the left edge of the teddies. Again, a visual thing that I think would give that room a nicer look.
3. Put the keycard somewhere else. If the player is required to go some place, even if its a hard spot to get to, I wouldn't recomend putting so many high end point items in the way. Teddy Bears should be optional (and challenging) to get, don't force the player to get a high score ;) I realize the level is called the "Teddy Bear Powerhouse", but theres nothing wrong with having a ton of Teddy Bears that are also at least a little hard to get.

These are, of course, all style things, so ignore or modify according to your own tastes :)
levellass

Post by levellass »

You call that a ton of Yorps? *Shakes cane* Why in my day, we thought nothing of stomping twenty Yorps AND a Garg before breakfast! Then we had to walk to Mars barefoot in the snow!

Interesting, it's nice to see the simple little levelpacks aren't out of fashion yet; it was widely said that ModKeen had killed them (AND the Keen 4-6 levelpack) but it's always heartening to see a new one, plus, it's something even the most unkeened person can do!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Cool looking levels! Eagerly waiting for this pack (and your New Dope pack!).

It's great to see level packs are still alive, I should make one too.
HoboRed

Post by HoboRed »

The Key guard is huge and so hard that there are atleast two of each color key and so hard I cant get the first one without dying so he showed me it in mindbelt
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

*Bump!*

This has been through a few revive/abandon cycles and is now almost done! I've moved away from having billions of Yorps, but I still kept the pictured levels. I think I only need to do 4 more levels...
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Woo, great to hear.
EricMushroomWilson

Post by EricMushroomWilson »

Nice to hear you're still working on it. :)