death to the vorticons 3 release

Showcase your completed mod here!
shikadi

death to the vorticons 3 release

Post by shikadi »

No....

It can be!

death to the vorticons 3

mortimer mcmire what are u .... (i think i go stop here)

the release of dttv3 is here , dttv and (maybe) dttv2 are just some pieces with a name and levels . this time real story , real mortimer conversion and ending (if it works :p) . and a nice , probably hard boss battle

enjoy!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Whoa!

I tried the first few levels, and it looks awesome. Also I expect it to be very hard, I died so many times already. I love that small green guy that stuns you with its blast...

I can see where you got some ideas for your levels...

A first bug I found is that the red demons sometimes seem to be capable of going through walls.

Edit:By the way, CKGuy, you should rename the file to .zip
Mink

Post by Mink »

Very nice. You've really progressed as a modder. I can tell you put a lot of effort into the graphics. I especially like the behavior of the meep replacement, too. I've only played the first couple levels, but it's very good so far.
The Shifted One

Post by The Shifted One »

ITs decent cept for the fact I see some ripped tiles...

THe world maps pretty much straight from Keys of Krodacia and those lethal things that also are on the title screen are from KeenQ, just recoloured and animated....

The level design however is decent and the GFX I dont know so far are decent too :)
levellass

Post by levellass »

It is not commonly known that Levellord died recently and was reincarnated as a man, Shikadi is known as a tile ripper, and sees no problem with it. (I try not to myself, but it's just so tempting...)

I'd offer critique, but I beta tested, so you know what I said already. (Another bug is that the black demons very occasionally fall through 1-tile floors, I do not know why.)
The Shifted One

Yeah well people can rip my stuff all they want, I dont mind but when people rip stuff made by my friends I somehow get pissed even though Joriz prolly doesnt give a damn.

Yeah Im an odd cookie...
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I think I also told shikadi to rip tiles. I know he doesn't like creating graphics much, so I said better combine graphics from different sources to something new, than not to change the graphics at all (like in dttv1).
I do it myself, although to a slightly smaller extent and I think of it as a tribute.
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Ripping can be a very good thing if it's done well. I'd be happy to see tiles from my own works used in creative ways in different contexts.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Really now?

*Goes off to rummage*
The Shifted One

Well I dont rip stuff mostly out of pride.
I making my own stuff makes me much more proud of what I managed to create.
That is, to a certain extend.
After all I cant create my own patches so....yeah....

If people were to use my stuff I wouldnt mind, as a matter of fact Id be glad to see its been put to use :P
But I know alot of people dont think like that :p
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

I don't think there's anything wrong with ripping graphics, as long as the modder isn't claiming them as their own.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

I did never say that i made them.
Maybe somebody should start a topic on general for a discussion about tile ripping. the tile of this topic is not "about tile ripping"
ckguy

Post by ckguy »

(Finally) I've added this to the rest of the mods on Bipship.

http://www.bipship.com/mods/author/shikadi

http://www.tl-dr.org/downloads/keen/mods/Dttv3.rar
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I just finished Dttv3.

Basically the the purple hills and the level left of it were hardest, and the sudkoka castle (that horizontal gun!).

The Boss was great, but somehow the game crashed after I killed him.

I could see how some parts of some levels were taken from other mods (Purple Hills especially). The small level where you get stunned by the meep thing right from the beginning reminded my of one of my levels in Silcar 3. I liked that one.

Some of the graphics I haven't seen before (so I assume they were yours) looked great (e.g. in the forest caves).

Had a lot of fun, great work.