Commander Keen in Mineepleo (demo)

Showcase your completed mod here!
Bonevelous

Commander Keen in Mineepleo (demo)

Post by Bonevelous »

Hi guys. I'm Bonevelous. You might remember me as "Harvey", but that's not my real name. My real name is private, but if you like you can call me "Bonev".

Anywho, I'm working on a new mod. I started another but cancelled it later because it contained a character I want to register a copyright for before I release into the public. One it's registered, I might restart that mod.

This is my third mod. It's called "Commander Keen in Mineepleo". It's not complete yet, though.

The the story is that Keen was invited to an intergalactic party by the vorticons. Mortimer over heard this and made a decoy Vorticon VI that looked exactly like the real thing.Keen landed on this planet instead of the real planet and before his B-W-B even touched the ground the magnetic pull trapped his ship to itself and he crash landed. The instant he stepped on the the ground the planet instantly transformed into its true form-Mineepleo, land of the Oelpeenimans and Mineepleons alike.

Yorps-Jibis, these guys wanna be your friend, but their toxic touch is rather their unfortunate weakness; that, or they're too dumb to realize that they have a toxic touch.

Gargs-Neil Manchester clones, clones of the craziest football player in the universe, he likes pushing people off ledges. They have a very manly chest, by the way.

Vorticons-Dark Keen, these are Mortimer's creation to try and stop you.

Butler Bots-Sprinkle, they're named after what they do with their sparks.

Tank Bots-Oelpeeniman Ice Monks, they like big ice blocks and they cannot lie.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jov9mcpa4mc

Edit:please continue from file "1", because I haven't edited the map yet.
Last edited by Bonevelous on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Hello and welcome (Back?) It's nice to see you progressing, I played your earlier mods, and I must say, this shows quite a deal of development, it looks to have a great deal of potential when finished. I hope it progresses smoothly.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Yes, I can say I enjoyed Harvey's Mod 1 & 2 too. There are an awful lot of files in your zip. I'll see if I can figure out which one to use.. :)

edit: I tried it out. No much to see yet, but your colour scheme looks interesting. Took me some time to figure out what your 16 colours are.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

I like the new colors, that purple especially. Those plain purple platforms are really nice. I think if you make the edges of them (those slanted parts) into two tiles, one blocking, the other masked, they'll look even better.

Also keep working on your sprites, particularly the walking animation of both Keen and your yorp enemy. Try 'mutating' that strange yorp into a creature that looks new as well :)
Bonevelous

Post by Bonevelous »

Here's the second edition

clicky!

I tryed the masked tiles idea, but that made keen look weird under the tile, so I just made the masked part of the tiles background.

BTW, the new map has begun! (but it hasen't been completed.)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Nice. I like your map graphics, they look very original.

You could work on the animation of the Yorp and Garg replacements, basically only their feet move right now.
levellass

Post by levellass »

First up, try not to include so many uneeded files with your zip, they annoy us dialup users.

I must agree with what others have posted; your Yorp and Garg are too static, possibly the Yorp's eye could bob or look about somehow? Maybe the Garg's head could move a bit?

On the tile side of things, AWESOME! Some real inventiveness here that's making Keen look like something totally different.
The Shifted One

Post by The Shifted One »

Il check it out when I get home, your other mods where fun so Im sure this one will be too.
Il be back later with comments :)
Bonevelous

Post by Bonevelous »

I updated again... Sorry about the delay...

Yes, I did add a cheat code... I used it to get through the special level... I plan on removing it later... (It's not G-O-D. My stupid keyboard/computor won't allow me to use those keys together.)
The Shifted One

Post by The Shifted One »

So far its decent, I think its a bit too blend for my taste and the levels seem short (at least the ones I tried).
But it seems like it can be good enough :)

Keep it up!