re:monster bash

Anything related to Keen Modding.
reble

re:monster bash

Post by reble »

To Fleexy (or anyone else that can answer the question). I am playing Monster bash #2. I am not sure which level I am in. But in this level there is 4 white beakers and a red heart in an area that I can't figure out how to get at this items outside of editing the level. I have Camoto Studio installed but I have never used it. I also have Abiathar V2.8 that I used on Bio Menace that worked very well after Fleexy gave me a step by step instructions. Well here is the screen capture via Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/w81ffo8q3is4i ... h.jpg?dl=0 I would like to know how to edit the level so I can get at the items or delete them.

Steve
Last edited by reble on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nisaba

Re: re:monster bash

Post by Nisaba »

sorry I can't help you. I'm just a Janitress trying to make things visible. so, here ya go:

Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

Per ModdingWiki, Monster Bash uses a very different level format than Keen Galaxy, so Abiathar and Galaxy editors in general will not be able to edit it. (In particular, it looks like tileinfo is independent of tile ID, so even writing an Abiathar level format provider would be impractical.) Camoto is probably your best bet, although ModdingWiki says it has only partial support for Monster Bash level editing. Maybe try poking around Camoto a bit, and if you run into any specific problems, let us know.
szevvy_new

Post by szevvy_new »

Turning off the foreground layer in that level in some old tools I have shows the secret:

Enjoy :)