IMF to Others

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Wodd

IMF to Others

Post by Wodd »

Does someone know of a tool that I can use to convert Commander Keen's IMF music to any of the following formats:
  1. PSM (preferred, hence, it is number 1)
  2. MOD
  3. 669
  4. STM
  5. S3M
I tried importing the samples as wav files and saving them using S3M format using ModPlug Tracker and then converting the resulting S3M modules to PSM modules. I was attempting to use Commander Keen's music within One Must Fall: 2097. But, it didn't work out. I am not sure if the size was too large. But, it might have been. (The game might interpret only music files that are 256 kibibytes or, 256 kibibytes - 1 byte [262,144 or 262,143 bytes], in size.) I got another file that I have used before (guess, as it was many years ago and I have long since lost the original file, but got a copy of the same song) to work. But, it plays strangely. That could be due to improper use of the tool that I used to convert (PSM Converter). Since I have not modified One Must Fall's music in possibly 15 years (or longer) prior to today, I cannot remember exactly how it was done back then.
levellass

Re: IMF to Others

Post by levellass »

What I think you'd need is a tool that saves the samples and another that converts to midi, then you could apply the samples to the converted midi to get the song back. But I do not know of any utilities that can do this.
Wodd

Re: IMF to Others

Post by Wodd »

Awave Studio might work. But, I think that I found it to not do great at preserving audio quality when loading Commander Keen's music. I noticed that the developer's Web address has changed. I hadn't visited the site in a long time. I noticed that they are up to version 11.2. I have version 10.6. There might be some improvements in the audio quality. But, I do not know.