Anyone up for a collaborative CK4 mod? I make the music, you make the graphics, we make 9 levels each?

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Kohntarkosz_

Anyone up for a collaborative CK4 mod? I make the music, you make the graphics, we make 9 levels each?

Post by Kohntarkosz_ »

I want to get back into modding (after a little ten-year coffee break?!) but in a way that plays to my strengths.

Yes, I am aware that this is an unequal distribution of the workload. You can have top billing if you want!

If I get no takers for this I may just release a K4 levelpack with original music.

Ta!

**Addendum:** I have been familiarizing myself with the current range of Galaxy modding tools (boundless gratitude to the tool developers) so I can work fairly quickly and you wouldn't need to hold my hand on any of the tech stuff. PM me samples of your visual art and I will PM you samples of my music!
Nisaba

Re: Anyone up for a collaborative CK4 mod? I make the music, you make the graphics, we make 9 levels each?

Post by Nisaba »

check this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9plBYZhtOkc

I'm interested with what kind of music samples you'll come up with. from there we could talk about further details. and about level designs and stuff. but I've to warn you: there is already a whole concept behind all this. so, depending on the compatibility of our individual modding ideas, this could be the start for a co-operation.

since keenmodding.org doesn't provide pm's, I'd like to invite you to send me one from over here:
https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/memberl ... ile&u=1092
troublesomekeen

Re: Anyone up for a collaborative CK4 mod? I make the music, you make the graphics, we make 9 levels each?

Post by troublesomekeen »

Ya know, we might need someone with an eye for atmosphere and ears to match
to go forth and provide music to all the music-less mods ever. There's so many out there.
All the newer Vorticon mods should have music, too. Alas.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I'd be interested if I wasn't so snowed under ATM. What kind of timeframe are we looking at, both to start and to finish? I have a number of unfinished projects that could be merged into this but I also have a number of nearly-completed projects I want to deal with in the next month before moving on.
Kohntarkosz_

Post by Kohntarkosz_ »

My timeframe is highly flexible at both ends. I could probably knock back two levels a week, as long as, e.g., I don't have to do any backtracking as a result of major tileset changes.

Nisaba is using about a third of the music I'm sending her, so by the time she's done with me I'll have enough ready-to-go unused songs for two additional episodes.

Sorry you're having Multitask Fatigue. PM me on the other forum after you've cleared the deck! :)
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Hi Kohntarkosz, good to see you still knocking around these parts, as "The Search for the Sentinel" was one of my very favourites from the early modding era. Unfortunately there is no way I would have the time to collaborate with you but I applaud your continued involvement with Keen modding. I would love to see graphical work by yourself (given my liking for your Keen1 work) so hopefully this project will be more than a levelpack.
levellass

Post by levellass »

I'm hoping to have a few things cleared by the 25th, if you're unclaimed by then it would be interesting to discuss just what can be done. A quick 'short mod' might be an interesting thing to see, something lighter than my usual big projects.