modkeen and abiathar

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Bubzrulz

modkeen and abiathar

Post by Bubzrulz »

been playing with modkeen and modding some bmp's then went back to abiathar to mod and add levels and no game crashes just after load screen why would this happen happened twice now
Fleexy
Site Admin

Re: modkeen and abiathar

Post by Fleexy »

What specifically did you do with ModKeen before the problems started? My guess is that you modified the EGA resources by importing new graphics. To make the game use those, you need to patch in the new graphics header.

Code: Select all

%egahead EGAHEAD.CK4
If ModKeen created a new EGADICT, you need to patch that in too:

%egadict EGADICT.CK4
If that's not the problem, please tell us what error (if any) the game produces when crashing.
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

%egahead EGAHEAD.CK4
was the one i must have opened the patch file and added it instead of doing it thru abiathar and when i made my changes to the level it deleted that line in patch file.. i feel silly now.. cheers
levellass

Post by levellass »

This is why I avoid using Abiathar for patches; (Or rather I make a 'useless' patch file for Abithar to put stuff in.) sometimes I need to copy across from Abiathar but that's very rarely compared to the times I alter the patch file. It might be nice to have Abithar simply edit an existing patch file (It could comment so that it can scan and recognize its own patch sections and edit them accordingly.)
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

levellass wrote:This is why I avoid using Abiathar for patches; (Or rather I make a 'useless' patch file for Abithar to put stuff in.) sometimes I need to copy across from Abiathar but that's very rarely compared to the times I alter the patch file. It might be nice to have Abithar simply edit an existing patch file (It could comment so that it can scan and recognize its own patch sections and edit them accordingly.)

Yes i have started making my own patch file too but also use abiathar too as a back up and also make my own .bat file too to use my patch file as my for my own patch file this way i cant try out different patches out without stuffing up the patch file that works
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

Those are important concerns. I made some additions to make the whole patching feature less confusing and less likely to overwrite important things. Abiathar's generated patch files now include a clearly marked section where you can insert patches that will be preserved. This is independent of the Patches window, and while it will ask you the first time you save an existing patch file whether you want to add those "unmanaged" patches to the ADEPS, you are free to ignore the whole Patches window thing if you like. These changes will appear in the next version, which will probably come out fairly soon.