how do i edit the exit screen

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Bubzrulz

how do i edit the exit screen

Post by Bubzrulz »

so i have modded the loading screen https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxkzip73prl07 ... d.jpg?dl=0
now the question is thats the file name that needs editing for the exit screen
cheers
Nisaba

Re: how do i edit the exit screen

Post by Nisaba »

I assume you've read this topic of the tutorial to alter the loading screen, didn't you?!
(shikadi.net/keenwiki/Ceilick's_Keen_Galaxy_Modding_Tutorial#Loading_Window)

this section provides also information on how to edit the exit screen.
Modding Tutorial wrote:[...] You can also edit the exit screen by going to the command prompt and typing: keenscr 4

When you're done, save it as keenscr.bin overwriting the generated file. You must save it in Binary format when TheDraw asks. It's important that you keep this filename (overwriting the existing one) as KeenScr will recreate the original ?msc0000.bin file with it. After you exit TheDraw, KeenScr notifies you that the file has been updated, you can import it back into your graphics folder using ModKeen.
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

Nisaba wrote:I assume you've read this topic of the tutorial to alter the loading screen, didn't you?!
(shikadi.net/keenwiki/Ceilick's_Keen_Galaxy_Modding_Tutorial#Loading_Window)

this section provides also information on how to edit the exit screen.
Modding Tutorial wrote:[...] You can also edit the exit screen by going to the command prompt and typing: keenscr 4

When you're done, save it as keenscr.bin overwriting the generated file. You must save it in Binary format when TheDraw asks. It's important that you keep this filename (overwriting the existing one) as KeenScr will recreate the original ?msc0000.bin file with it. After you exit TheDraw, KeenScr notifies you that the file has been updated, you can import it back into your graphics folder using ModKeen.
It amazing the amount of times you can read something and not see it cheers
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

import 4msc0000.bin and it just made it go to the purple screen and say loading please wait and not go anywhere put new copy of EGAGRAPH.CK4 and it workd did why didnt the import go well ??
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

I need more details, please.
what exactly have you done? (step by step)
did you also write down a patch line like so:

Code: Select all

%patchfile $1FE47 ck4load.bin 
in the meantime check this sections. might help:
shikadi.net/keenwiki/TheDraw
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

ok redrew the exit screen saved as binary then used mod keen to extract all the bmp then added the 4MSC0000.bin then imported it all back.. yes i"m using

%patchfile $1fe47 ck4load.bin
already cos of mods to purple load screen
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

please send me your modding project folder. I just need to take a look at it. maybe this way I can debug it.
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

here you go mate new 4MSC0000.BIN just in the main folder cheers https://www.dropbox.com/s/b53gaqvgg26hh ... n.zip?dl=0
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

well, your folder is missing the ck4load.bin file. and I cannot find the patch line mentioned above.

to make sure what else might be missing, please also send over your bmp folder as well. I'd like to have a look at your modified 4msc0000.bin file (before you imported it).
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

Whoops copied the wrong link this is the one i ment to copy for you https://www.dropbox.com/s/z38u7wxd9g8fp ... 9.zip?dl=0 the other link was to a very early version
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

ok, this is what just happened.

you opened up Abiathar and loaded a project with the default graphics.
meanwhile you changed some graphics (namely: 4MSC0000.BIN). therefore you extracted those graphics via modkeen.exe from the executable, made some changes an re-imported everything into the executable. Modkeen created a file named EGAHEAD.CK4, which tells the game to use your new graphics.
unfortunately Abiathar isn't (yet) capable of noticing changes like this, which means, that your Abiathar created patchfile doesn't tell the game what to do. and this is causing the error!

to get everything running, you need to do some changes manually:

add the following lines to your patch file manually:

#Load the modified graphics
%egahead EGAHEAD.CK4
you might remember that the tutorial is mentioning this patch-line as well: shikadi.net/keenwiki/Ceilick's_Keen_Galaxy_Modding_Tutorial#Patching_Basics

while researching your prob I also noticed a buggy version of modkeen within the Keen Galaxy Modding Package. gonna fix this as soon as possible.
though the modkeen version within your project folder works properly.

! Cause you have fiddled around with your EGAHEAD file, I strongly recommend to once again re-import these altered graphics via modkeen.

modkeen.exe -episode=4 -import -bmpdir=KEEN
happy modding!