Keen Modding outside of Windows

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Danfun64

Keen Modding outside of Windows

Post by Danfun64 »

Can somebody list Commander Keen modding tools that are either open source or cross platform (Abiathar Online is an example of the ladder), preferably both.
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

EDIT: a completed list with compatibility info is now online: Previous post:
I assume you are intending to mod some Galaxy stuff on a Linux base, right?
here is what comes to mind (might be an incomplete listing) I also recommend the usage of a Virtual-Machine for applications which aren't portable or even can't be run via WINE: happy modding!

EDIT: nearly every standalone Keen Modding .exe will work under linux when using the WINE program starter!
Last edited by Nisaba on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
MoffD

Post by MoffD »

Nisaba wrote:I assume you are intending to mod some Galaxy stuff on a Linux base, right?
here is what comes to mind (might be an incomplete listing) I also recommend the usage of a Virtual-Machine for applications which aren't portable or even can't be run via WINE: happy modding!
I wanna say I compiled a linux binary of KeenWave (thanks to Lass) at some point... Ahhh well... there's always the older version via dosbox
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

MoffD wrote:I wanna say I compiled a linux binary of KeenWave (thanks to Lass) at some point... Ahhh well... there's always the older version via dosbox
thanx for the supplement. I added your hint. but could you give us a link to that linux-version?
levellass

Post by levellass »

If nobody can find it I do believe I can compile one, or at least provide the source code (from any tool I've produced) to anything that can compile BASIC (Or QB64 for preference.)
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

levellass wrote:If nobody can find it I do believe I can compile one, or at least provide the source code (from any tool I've produced) to anything that can compile BASIC (Or QB64 for preference.)
no response for quite some time.
can you please compile one as mentioned before?!