Keen Modding IRC Channel

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Keen Modding IRC Channel

Post by Ceilick »

We've started a chat room dedicated to Keen Modding discussion!

Join us here: irc://irc.foonetic.net/KeenModding

Those of you familiar with #pckf may ask, what's the difference?

#KeenModding is for Keen Modding only: discussing the development of mods, existing mods, and various theories and ideas behind modding and Keenishness. If you're not serious about Keen or Modding, try #pckf.

There are two means of accessing the channel. Either download an IRC program, or use a JavaScript web interface.

Web-Based JavaScript Option
If you don't wish to bother with downloading extra software, you can connect through this page using a JavaScript system called Mibbit.

Just select Foonetic from the drop down box and enter a nickname and type '#keenmodding' as the channel name. Click Go and you're in, if all goes to plan!

Download Option
XChat is highly recommended for accessing the channel, and is much more convenient and stable in the long run than working from within a web browser.

If you need any help with either of these tools, post here and we'll help you out.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

ya that program doesnt take me anywhere and nothing works. lol. i had to do a search in that Mibbit thing to get access to the keenmodding channel, and i cant seem to get to the #pckf one. ah well.
NY00123

Post by NY00123 »

Bernie wrote:ya that program doesnt take me anywhere and nothing works. lol. i had to do a search in that Mibbit thing to get access to the keenmodding channel, and i cant seem to get to the #pckf one. ah well.
Assuming you're running Windows, have you tried one of the free Windows builds of X-Chat, like "X-Chat 2 for Windows" from http://www.silverex.org? It worked for me last time I used it.

You should select Foonetic from the list of servers (actually a list of *groups* of servers), and then type "/join #KeenModding". #pckf should work the same way in general.
lemm

Post by lemm »

Bernie

Post by Bernie »

NY00123 wrote: You should select Foonetic from the list of servers (actually a list of *groups* of servers), and then type "/join #KeenModding". #pckf should work the same way in general.
I can't see Foonetic anywhere. You're talking about the list thats right there when you open the program, right?
NY00123

Post by NY00123 »

Bernie wrote:
NY00123 wrote: You should select Foonetic from the list of servers (actually a list of *groups* of servers), and then type "/join #KeenModding". #pckf should work the same way in general.
I can't see Foonetic anywhere. You're talking about the list thats right there when you open the program, right?
Ah, I've thought that I shouldn't have added it on myself, based on the way the list is sorted...
Actually, now I realize: I've possibly added it manually after all :o

Anyway... yes, it is the list you get when you load XChat. Now, add a new entry to the list, named "Foonetic", and try to make the details similar to others. On the list of Foonetic servers, you should add at least one. The more, the better. Try irc.foonetic.net to begin with and find the rest online.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

hey that worked :) thanks a lot for that. thanks guys.
XkyRauh

Re: Keen Modding IRC Channel

Post by XkyRauh »

Are there plans for a Keen Discord? Discord seems poised to be the 'new' IRC, in many ways.
CommanderSpleen

Re: Keen Modding IRC Channel

Post by CommanderSpleen »