Keen Galaxy Modding Tutorial

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Videogamer555

Post by Videogamer555 »

I'm using Keen5 NOT Keen4 here and the sounddata file-offsets for the patch are NOT working!

I changed everything that said ck4 to ck5 for example in my mypatch.pat:

%patchfile $20DF0 AUDIOHED.CK4 #Audio header
%patchfile $354F6 AUDIODCT.CK4 #Audio dictionary

became

%patchfile $20DF0 AUDIOHED.CK5 #Audio header
%patchfile $354F6 AUDIODCT.CK5 #Audio dictionary

but STILL it is not working. I suspect the patch file's command for file offsets
$20DF0 and $354F6 corresponds only to Keen4's sounds as keen 5 has no sound change, just corrupted graphics!

Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

I suspect the patch file's command for file offsets
$20DF0 and $354F6 corresponds only to Keen4's sounds
This is correct. I edited this in the version posted on the PCKF but forgot to update the copy over here. I've now updated this version with the correct information.
Videogamer555

Post by Videogamer555 »

Ok I finally got my patch working. Now I've got like 100 files in my keen directory. Which ones do I actually need to run the patch? Which ones that is will I need to distribute for someone else to be able to play keen 5 with my patch? I only edited the music on the map of the game, and there are no edited graphics, sound effects, or stage layouts or anything else, and Keen5 is the game I edited. So I need to know which ones I'll need to distribute.
Videogamer555

Post by Videogamer555 »

.:update:.
I tried to come up with a minimum files needed redistributable and noticed one of the files I THOUGHT would be needed wasn't.
CK5LOAD.BIN isn't needed. However CK5PATCH.EXE (which I assumed went along with CK5LOAD.BIN) IS needed. What's up with that?
lemm

Post by lemm »

CK5PATCH loads the game into memory, applies the patches, and then runs the game, so it's necessary.

You should put in all the .CK5 files, CK5PATCH.EXE, your patch file, any files that are required by your patchfile (e.g. egahead, tileinfo), and a .bat file.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Everything set up here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3940020/KGSetups.zip

You should just have one-click importing of sounds and graphics, and the levels can be edited in TED5, though you'll probably want a windows level editor for that.