Keen modding problems

Anything related to Keen Modding.
TrueDude

Keen modding problems

Post by TrueDude »

Hey there, I didn't know where else to post this, so I'm posting this here.

Me and my brother are new to modding Keen. We've been wanting to make a mod, so I've started with the graphics using ModKeen2. Unfortunately, each time I import saved graphics, it won't load the game afterwards, even though I use the Unlzexe.exe and such. In fact, I can export just fine and it works, only when I import it fails. I use the same colors available, so that's not the problem. What am I doing wrong?

Oh, forgot to mention, we're using COMMANDER KEEN 4: SECRET OF THE ORACLE. That'd probably help.
Mink

Post by Mink »

Welcome, it's always good to see more modders!

Are you trying to run the game with the Keen executable? It can't recognize the new egahead.ck4 file if that's what you're doing, so you'll need to use patching.

First, copy the CK4Patch executable from the ModKeen directory to your Keen 4 one. Then, create a new text file containing "ck4patch keen4.pat". Rename this to go4.bat (this name is completely arbitrary). Now, if everything else is in order, you'll be able to run your mod with this batch file instead of the Keen executable

Good luck, and be sure to ask for help if you run into any more problems.
TrueDude

Post by TrueDude »

Mink wrote:Welcome, it's always good to see more modders!

Are you trying to run the game with the Keen executable? It can't recognize the new egahead.ck4 file if that's what you're doing, so you'll need to use patching.

First, copy the CK4Patch executable from the ModKeen directory to your Keen 4 one. Then, create a new text file containing "ck4patch keen4.pat". Rename this to go4.bat (this name is completely arbitrary). Now, if everything else is in order, you'll be able to run your mod with this batch file instead of the Keen executable

Good luck, and be sure to ask for help if you run into any more problems.
Haha, the problem this whole time is that I've been loading it as "ck4patch PATCH4.pat", rather than "keen4.pat. Works fine, thanks a ton!