PHASED: the proof-of-concept mod no-one needed!

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Draik

PHASED: the proof-of-concept mod no-one needed!

Post by Draik »

Whilst messing around with sprites, testing and such, I found that if the bounding boxes of, say, the standing and shooting sprites are tweaked to be different from each other, you can walk through walls if you hold down the direction key, shoot while holding the direction key, then let go of shoot, you can walk through walls.

Then I thought, what if this could be used as a gameplay element? Think of the possibilities! It would probably never be used! So I went ahead and made this proof-of-concept "mod" (if you can call it that, it's barely modified) and shared it with people who might be vaguely interested and then forget about it.

PHASED - beacuse I can't think of anything self-deprecating to put here!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I've seen this 'bug' before in Bad Dreams where even the monsters could sometimes walk through walls.
I never paid any attention to it, but your concept mod it was quite fun doing this paired with the blowtorch patch, and I think I might have broken the speedrun record for Keen1 (You don't need to fetch any keys now)
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Don't worry, I'm making use of this in a very nifty way.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Aaaah yes, I remember that 'cheat' in Bad Dreams, it cost you ammo, but you could get places. (But not through doors.)

And oh dear, Spleen has another idea. If his mod is released, it shall be epic.