M.I.P. (Mod in Progress) Ancients of Tantsoliii

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Herry Jerry

Post by Herry Jerry »

Ceilick wrote: I think you can use the doors very cleverly here: You could start with a walk down the street like this, then keen could 'turn the corner' (using a door, indicated to the player by either an arrow on teh sidewalk or a sign).
Heh, that was actually exactly how I was going to use doors: There would be a square "rotate" symbol, and Keen would hop into it and the viewpoint would turn so that you can go down streets and such. However, I haven't even drawn these yet, even though they would be very simple to do. :P
Ceilick wrote: I dont think Keen would be breaking into neighbors houses to steal candy though.
Good point. I'm unsure where the candy would come from then, though. Maybe there's no candy in the level, but I don't know. Perhaps I could make the level a bit of a maze, or an exploration thing. There would be a file included that says where Keen's house is, but there's more places you can go to, such as a convenience store or to Keen's school (yech.) This would probably take up quite a few tiles though, so I'm a bit unsure on how to deal with this.
Ceilick wrote:I actually kind of like the grass, although I can see Tulip's point about too much brown. Anyway, looking cool regardless; i was just wondering the other day how this project was going, glad to see some progress :)
Okay, I'll try a few new patterns then. Thanks for the feedback! :)

edit: Whoa, three pages.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Keen could always be collecting things, tidying up toys and such.

I like the grass, possibly I'm a naturally brown person.

The door idea and the whole theme seems utterly inspired, truly realizing the possibilities of Keen!