Level drawer

Anything related to Keen Modding.
levellass

Post by levellass »

You would think I'd get those sprite lists right after three mistakes, wouldn't you, but I had the Vorts and kids around the wrong way. This bug is fixed, but you will have to wait awhile, I can't seem to access net2ftp at the moment to upload the debugged version.

In the meantime the new version is temporarily here: http://files.commanderkeen.org/users/sz ... iew%20.zip
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

alright, now it's correct. I'll tell you when I find something else mixed up.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I've found another thing that could possibly be improved:
Silcar3 features an unmasked sprite, you know that. As of now KeenView shows them, like all the level editors 100% transparent, which means invisible.
If you could find a way to make them look like they do in the game'd be great.

Edit: Ah, and the limbs of the mangling machine (their sprites) are shown as zapzots.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Yes, I had to show them somehow, since they have no sprites of their own, much like level editors show the icecubes or shooting guns in different ways.

Sadly, I am not sure how to show unmasked sprites; my viewer does not have any code for combining colors like Keen does, and I doubt I shall add it, sorry. :(
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

You could just take the simplified approach and run through each sprite drawing only the pixels that correspond to a non-white pixel in the mask rather that trying to figure out how to do a bitwise operation on them.
levellass

Post by levellass »

That's what I do, the problem here being that since his sprites are totally unmasked, they have no non-white masked pixels, so none of the sprite is drawn. Possibly in future I may fix this by checking *all* the EGA planes and drawing any colored (Non 0-0-0-0-0) value pixel to the map as totally masked. But right now, there are more important projects to be finished, we shall have to see, watch this space!

EDIT: Newest version is up, it now draws half-masked sprites as fully masked. Does anyone want me to add palette patch support? (It'd involve dragging a patch file onto the executable or entering it's name, then all bitmaps in the directory would have their colors changed.)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I dunno if you're still checking llass, but I noticed this wonderful program doesn't work with v2 mods, all levelmaps have scrambled colours.
I checked with Kwanzaa and Super Armageddon 2 so far.
levellass

Post by levellass »

It's the new tileset, it just can't find it. KeenGraph will be able to draw levels from Vorticons, as well as Dave and Shadow Knights when I release the newest version.