AdLib Sounds

Anything related to Keen Modding.
Wodd

AdLib Sounds

Post by Wodd » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello, Levellass, how are you? Have you ripped the AdLib sounds for the Keen games yet? I would still like to have copies of those.

levellass

Re: AdLib Sounds

Post by levellass » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Wodd

Post by Wodd » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:02 am

That is excellent. Thank you, Levellass. Were Keen 4's AdLib sounds more difficult? I didn't see a link to them. I don't know if the Vorticon series has AdLib sounds. I think that Keen Dreams does, though. But, you might be working on either improving KeenWave or a replacement project. I don't know. That might be part of why Keen 4's sounds are not present.

levellass

Post by levellass » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 am

I already extracted Keen 4's adlib sounds, they're here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8pff0mmux6k1 ... b.zip?dl=0

Vorticons does not have adlib sounds just the PC ones, which have been extracted for all episodes. The only real thing remaining is Keen Dream's sounds, which are in fact a little tricky to extract.

Wodd

Post by Wodd » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:12 pm

levellass wrote:I already extracted Keen 4's adlib sounds, they're here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8pff0mmux6k1 ... b.zip?dl=0
It had been so long that we had communicated that I had forgotten about that.
That means that, unless:
  • Keen Dreams does not have the same number of AdLib sounds as it does PC Speaker sounds,
  • my math is incorrect, or
  • both of the above are true,
there is a total of 537 sound effects for the official Commander Keen series. It looks like 537 is not a prime number. That is a bummer. If the Vorticons series did have AdLib sounds, unless any of the items in the list above are true with respect to those, the quantity would have been 666.