Oracle Janitor 3

Showcase your completed mod here!
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Oracle Janitor 3

Post by Ceilick »

The (possibly) final episode in the Oracle Janitor series. This is a 1 level mod for keen 3. It has alot of patching bugs, but i think it turned out well. Tell me what you think :)

http://www.keengrid.net/ckfiles/modific ... or%203.zip

warning: this is probably the goriest keen mod made so far.
XkyRauh

!?

Post by XkyRauh »

Even more gory than CheesyDave's Zelda II mod??

Edit: Hehe--I agree with everything LevelLord said below: Your level design gets better and better, and I've always been a fan of your art. This is a fun little one level mod! I think what you did with the elevators was very creative, and I liked the level of detail you put into your environment. I'm sad to hear your Keen4 mod isn't going to be completed... I hope we get to see your visions in a Galaxy engine someday. :-)

Kudos on the fun release--even if the text boxes were all mucked up.
Last edited by XkyRauh on Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Not bad, a little less gory than I'd like, but otherwise, your modding continues to improve. The artwork is better, the levels are better, in general, the mod is just... better.

I'm not that good at point by point discussion, and Xky's long post above pretty much covers everything, so I'll just say once again, good work!
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

thanks for the compliments. xky, my keen 4 mod hasnt been abandoned yet, genius 314 is going to help me out with some levels, so things are just gonna be going very slow there. Im glad you guys like this one :)
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

genius 314 is going to help me out with some levels, so things are just gonna be going very slow there.
1. Its Genius314, not Genius 314 :-P

2. I've tried to get a chance on the computer (the one that ted runs on) but failed :-(
Im glad you guys like this one :)
Sort of... I like the platform thing, but it was very disgusting. :-\
The ending, as Xky said, was messed up. Could have used a bit more work.

P.S. I'll try and finish the first level soon... I hope :-(
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

originally this was going to be a mod about a character of my own who fights aliens, but then i changed it to be about the Oracle Janitor. I dont plan on making any more gory mods like this.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

It wasn't that gory. I liked it

*sees point*

And you should'a fiddled with more ending patches.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Ah, I really like this mod Ceilick! You're getting better and better -- and this was fantastic! You have awesome sprite skills.. Wow. You've made three one-level mods, each with all new (and big) enemies! That's pretty much work.

Yeah, the elevator replacement was very creative, I love it. I actually had to check the patch file, I couldn't first remember that it's of course elevator you're replacing. :)
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

An alliteration by Dr L.L Seuss: [PhD]

When a textline on a window thats encoded on a port,
Exceeds the allowed maximum the lineswitch will abort,
And the text will overwrite being rather a bad sort,
And your finale.ck3 has an error to report!

Get the version with all the ending bugs removed here: http://www.freewebs.com/gannalev/Oracle ... or%203.zip [Okay, one little bug was unfixable, but I minimiszed its impact]

Next time, be a bit more logical with your text. I rewrote the end a little bit. [This is a groundbreaking mod in that for the first time, one line of text has been made longer and another shorter. See if you can spot which.]
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

thanks levellord. The problem was i couldnt get the patchotron to work so i had to copy and paste the patch from another patch file and put in my own words, then try to make them fit in right. It was hard enough getting the text to look like that. thanks for fixing it up for me.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Yes, this is probably the finest of Ceilick's works so far, and it successfully created a complete experience and atmosphere; that's probably because so many never-before-seen-in-a-mod things hit you simultaneously. The foob at the start has to be in the top 5 mod sprites ever. The texture of the land (the stuff you walk on) was one of the most succcessful seen in a mod so far. The goriest thing in the mod was probably the ending text, and in the starting point of the level, I thought that was Keen's head on the ground at first :) The level design was a bit more playable than the other Oracle Janitor mods. I believe a one level mod should show off graphics rather than be as difficult to play as possible. So this mod was an improvement in that respect. An exemplary mod from an exemplary modder!!
Ezjay

Post by Ezjay »

Nice mod. I like the bloody stuff, and your solid blue tiles pattern is really cool. The ovals on the background look very classy too. I like how youve patched enemy's this much as well, its really refreshing. Kind of boring to be fighting the same guys over and over again. I wish every mod had these kind of new enemys.

One thing though: As you can shoot trough doors, there's no point in getting the last two keycards.

come to think of it, that bug is probably there cause I use the original keen sprite. With your janitor guy it might not be possible to shoot that high...
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

No, you can't
XkyRauh

buh?

Post by XkyRauh »

How do you use the original Keen sprite, but keep all the enemies changed? Did you just ModKeen it?
Ezjay

Post by Ezjay »

yeah I do that with all mods.. It doesn't feel right when I play as keen but the pictures are changed.