The Generic Mod

Showcase your completed mod here!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

The Generic Mod

Post by levellord »

Yes its 315 and Levellord has turned her hand to modding.

And produced this piece of junk.

Slipshod levels, rushed beta testing, experimental patches, you couldn't ask for less.

Get it here: http://www.freewebs.com/gannalev/Generic1.zip
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Massive mental shouts to LL!!!!
This mod is so gargingly cool I can't believe you have done it. :p
Awesome. Droolish. Must play some more!
Mr12000

Post by Mr12000 »

hmm

The zip wont work for me... :-(

"The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted"

guh!

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it.
Last edited by Mr12000 on Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
CommanderSpleen

DARR!!

Post by CommanderSpleen »

*clicks link... watches download die... copy/pastes link... watches download succeed... attempts extraction... starts twitching* Oh the ironic Mortishness.

KeenRush, upload!
XkyRauh

Oh, ouch.

Post by XkyRauh »

KeenRush, don't tell me you've already beaten this? It took me an HOUR to figure out how to get ship part #1, and I'm completely stumped on how to get any more.

Spoiler:
I took the teleport under the red door to the left of the Great Adur to get the Red Keyburger, and used that to open the left door to the Great Adur, grabbed the 2nd Red Keyburger, backtracked, hopped up above the D.K at the beginning and fiddled with a tricky pogo jump around that switch in order to get up to Ship Part 1. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any more Keyburgers after that... phooey!

Edit: Yeah, I give up... Can't do it. I'm honestly frustrated that I'm too stupid to figure this out. Half of me says that it's impossible--I've seen practically the whole map, and the only Keyburgers I've seen, I've gotten. *sigh*

Maybe the patch isnt' working right? The '1up' tiles are only giving me 5000 points, rather than a full extra life... which explains why I've gotten game over despite getting that stupid 1up at the start every time. LL, did you hack in some strange get-keyburgers-for-parts nonsense? >:-k

--Xky
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Ha!

Something major wrong happened- but it wasn't MY fault!

My good friend Black Diamond beta tested this in a hurry and found no less than 4 lethal mistaikes. Now, after testing and fixing these mistaikes, she looked at the 2 copies of the game, 1 with all sorts of editing programs, the other all ready to email [It was the unedited copy!]

Thus your problems!

So the link is fixed: http://www.freewebs.com/gannalev/Generic1.zip

Now as to how to complete the game:

First make your way beneath the temple. [but above the dirt] You can use the teleporter maze, or sneak in ;) Use the uppermost left teleport, and use all other teleports very carefully! One is a trick and rushing in will skip the blue burger.

Having got the blue burger, you will end back up in the temple and can get the first part, and the yellow burger. Go back to the start of the level and go up and right. On top of the temple is the yellow door and second part. You will get the red burger and can walk straigh through the temple. Then go to the left top of the level and get the third part and green burger. Now go through the temple and to the top right of the level, get the final part and flick the switch. Finnaly go back to your ship and fly off!
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Fucl.. I've played this updated mod for an hour or more, and couldn't find any other coloured burger than red! GAAAAAAARG!!!!

Edit: LOL, never mind!! It was just right above my head.. For some reason I didn't visit the are above start point..

Another edit: Done. :) Cool ending by the way.

Yet another edit: You garg stole my spikes!!
CommanderSpleen

Like... Woo!

Post by CommanderSpleen »

LL, you're a freakin' genius. This has to be some of the classiest modding material I've seen from you yet. And the trippy experimental patches work well to make the whole thing just that bit more Levellordian. *applauds*

I almost thought I'd written over an in-progress mod when I first started and those sound effects came up... then I realised you stole them from Perilous Pursuit. LL pioneers another avenue of rippage!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Yet another edit: You garg stole my spikes!!
Actuallly, I built them myself based on your design. Expect to see them again.
I first started and those sound effects came up...
Hey, I asked you if I could, I even put a note at the end of my BAT file.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Oh, sorry then. They looked just pretty same. :)

I'll use the spikes I posted back than, in my next mod. If I ever get it done.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Levelord: After seeing how you used the machine gun patch, i have to know... Are you thinking of doing an 8-bit theater one-level mod? You could use that patch for black mage's hadoken.

If you have no idea what i am talking about, go to

http://www.nuklearpower.com

I thought of doing something like this myself, but i dont think il ever have the time.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

No. I am not worthy.
XkyRauh

heh

Post by XkyRauh »

Hehe... On the contrary. LL: you're too good for an 8-bit mod.
grafix

Post by grafix »

Or perhaps it was sarcasm?

Either way, an 8-bit mod would be an insult to your intelligence. And quite possibly the intelligence of others too. Stupid crappy 8-bit ripoffs... >:(
XkyRauh

hehe

Post by XkyRauh »

Bah, I don't want to de-rail too much, but there's nothing inherently wrong with 8-Bit Theatre... I just feel the characters haven't grown as characters any... in some cases, they've retrogressed rather than progressed. Black Mage used to be smarter than he is--now, he's reduced to constantly complaining about the party's mishaps. Thief used to STEAL a lot more; now he's all about psychological and theoretical thievery. Red Mage used to be more of a LARP'er, and he was the only one to alter his character sheet; now the party expects him to do it to save them. Fighter has become less unintelligent and more blatantly chaotic and party destructive. The entire comic has ceased to be about a group of adventurers and more a collection of stereotypes which bounce off one another. Blah. Rant over.