Oracle Janitor 2

Showcase your completed mod here!
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Oracle Janitor 2

Post by Ceilick »

All ready for 3/14, the sequal to my first 1 level mod. Your the Oracle Janitor once again, and you must rescue keen from the evil monks! Sorry for the lack of patching. tell me what you think! :)

http://keengrid.net/ckfiles/modificatio ... or%202.zip
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

This is pretty good IMKO! :) Gotta say your drawing skills have evolved a lot from your first mod (which was pretty good too). Keep up the good work!
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

haha, thanks. Ive had alot of practice since that first mod. And if you finnished the game, Commander Keen was supposed to say when you rescue him:

"Oh thank you so much for rescuing me, i'll return to the oracle chamber Immdiatly!" In which the Oracle janitor replies with "yeah yeah, shut up CAPTAIN keen!"

I wish i was able to get that patched right.
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

Wow -- very different atmosphere to Oracle Janitor 1. It's rather spooky, really.
I really liked the statues with the turning heads.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

:D Hehe, it would've been cool to read that text. :) Well, good that I could read it now. Yeah, the mod is spooky. (But that was the purpose.)
XkyRauh

oh wow

Post by XkyRauh »

I really appreciated the level design in this one--everything made sense once I found my first keygem, and I never really had to backtrack quite as much as I thought I'd have to. Thank you VERY MUCH for putting those green "jump through this wall!" arrows where you did... I would have been lost without them!

I discovered the lightswitches by complete accident trying to pogo away from some wraiths... cost me a life, but it was a cool find!

Your Scrub replacements are adorable, I love them, and you used them very tastefully. This was an excellent 1 level mod, dude.

--Xky
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

Yes, i was trying to creep the player out, though i could have done better with some blood and skeletons. The light switches can be usefull, the wraiths and monks cant jump, but wraiths become invisible with them off. Glad you guys like! :)
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

*drool*

I love your mod; its the most challenging gameplaywise of those released so far, and another example of your unique style. [Somewhat Xkyic, but with an emphasis on 'wasting' tiles in complicated backgrounds and animations, your sprites also rock]