VOX

Showcase your completed mod here!
grelphy

VOX

Post by grelphy »

Okay, sorry to excite you like that and then let you down, but Vox isn't done. =( There's still a good bit of work, though most of the graphics and many of the levels are finished. This is really to say that, if you want to know more about Vox, the website has experienced a major update.

Vox website

Questions? Comments? "This sux0rz, what the h*** do you think you're doing trying to mod?"
XkyRauh

re: VOX

Post by XkyRauh »

Interesting site so far--and a very dark storyline. :-) Has tons of potential. Which episodes are you modding? Vox3 looks like a Keen2 mod, but Vox1 and Vox2 could go anywhere from what the screens show.

--Xky
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

W000h, news about Vox project! I've been waiting for this! :)
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Progress!

And three out at once too. It seems to be the latest trend.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I wish I'd have time to create a trilogy.. That tooks a lot time.. :\

Anyways, judging by the screens, I like most the episode 2 and 3. :) The third has some feeling I once tried in on mod, which I stopped really soon, who knows if I ever make something similar.
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

Okay, thanks for the comments =P. I agree that the storyline is somewhat dark; I had second thoughts after I'd typed it up, but didn't feel like coming up with a new one. =P

I'm using all three episodes. Vox1 is a mod of Keen 1; 2 is 3 and 3 is 2. (You figure it out =).

I hope to be finished the levels and art in less than a week and finish the patching less than a week after that, but no promises.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Haha, the story is just good. :)
Now just make a shocking finale.... >:)
Djaser

Post by Djaser »

Ah one of the few mods with a good story.
XkyRauh

re: VOX

Post by XkyRauh »

Billy says: "You won't believe what happens in episode three!"

Djaser, as a favor, could you email me / PM me on the PCKF / somehow contact me privately and let me know which mods you felt had a good storyline? I'm curious.

I'm glad we're seeing more mods for Keens 2 and 3 now--Xtraverse really blazed his way through the first trilogy, and the rest of us are just now catching up! :-)

--Xky
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Hehe, yah. Although there's been some Keen 2 and 3 mods, seems that these days the amount is increasing. Talking about my mod, I should invent some new vortikid replacement (I'm not very happy with the one I have), make some new tiles, ending screen, a bit patching and the missing levels (which'll take least time since that's my favourite) and it's done. I *should* just find some time! Well, I try to concentrate on this after some weeks, when I should have a bit time.
Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 »

Talking about the story, you say in the text: "Mortimer has destroyed Keen's home city of St. Paul, Minnesota (...)".
Actually Keen lives in the City of Madison, Wisconsin, which is why he uses a Green Bay Packers helmet.

Anyway, I really like the look of some of the screenies!
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

Actually Keen lives in the City of Madison, Wisconsin, which is why he uses a Green Bay Packers helmet.
Really. That's why he lands the BWB in Minnesota? Keen wants to hitchhike to Wisconsin after every adventure, and back to his clubhouse before?

Never mind. I stand corrected. Nevertheless, in Vox, Keen lives in Minnesota.

I should be emailing potential betatesters about the first episode soon, so watch your inboxes...
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Pick me! Pick me! :)
Stealthy71088

Might i ask?

Post by Stealthy71088 »

so uh... how far are you? I mean if you have even one of the trilogy done... release it! Our incredibly impressed comments are certain to inspire and encourage you to finish the other mod. Or if you dont have tht much, at least snd xky or keenrush a tech demo. Let us know that its alive, so we can encourage you to keep it alive
grelphy

Post by grelphy »

Status report:

overall: 75%
sprites: 100%
tilse: 90%
levles 80%
patching: 20%

I plan on finishing (and releasing) all three episodes almost simultaneously. The biggest major step left is finishing off the patching, after which I'll find betatesters, make more changes, and then release them

The trilogy should be finished and released by july, but I'm not making any promises.