Shadow Keen 2

Showcase your completed mod here!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Shadow Keen 2

Post by levellord »

Yes the maker of curd turns her hand once again to modding!

I am starting work on a sequel to that two bit piece of junk that was Shadow Keen.

And tomorrow I leave for a weeks vacation, followed by a whole term of schoolwork. As such, who knows when I'll get it done.

All I know so far is that Keen will be pogo-less.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

w00tz0rz!
Just some advice young lady; beta test better this time!
Also, Keen without pogo sounds good!
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

cool that you'r making a mod again but why pogo less!!!???I will cheat to get one if you do that! and why continue the story of shadow keen? shadow keen didnt have much of a story right?

by the way: with all those plans are you going to break the record of slowest keen modding ;)
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

I will cheat to get one if you do that!
Yes, unless it isn't hidden somewhere in the patch file that cheat takes your pogo. (I have to make that one patch I posted to Keen 2 also..)
with all those plans are you going to break the record of slowest keen modding ;)
No no, that record is mine and it takes years breaking it. :P
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

I have the best beta tester I know on this one, and don't think you can cheat to get the pogo, thats patched!

SK was a crappy mod, so the story was mighty hard to figure out. I will make a totaly unrelated mod [Keen Dreams 2] perhaps after this one. Here's hoping I do better this time. And as for the record, KeenRush has that hands down. He didn't even finnish his first mod.

As such, I have done a brief overhaul of SK, which should be at least tolerable: http://www.freewebs.com/levellord_keen/ShadowKeen.zip
Last edited by levellord on Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainKeen

Post by CaptainKeen »

good job levellord now I will consider finishing your mod without cheating.it also looks better.
I have the best beta tester I know on this one
who is that? I would like to beta test too!
SK was a crappy mod, so the story was mighty hard to figure out
then you should make a mod that has nothing to do with shadow keens story and just make a complete new one
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

He didn't even finnish his first mod.
Actually, I released the beta of my mod, and full version within a month or two..
XkyRauh

re: no pogo

Post by XkyRauh »

For some reason I don't Keen as well without a pogo stick... Once I found out you get one after Complex Four in Lego Keen, I started over and did that level as soon as possible. For some reason I just feel... naked without a pogo.

I'm curious what you're going to do with the Pogo tile, if it's not going to give Keen a pogo stick. The name 'Shadow Keen' does lend itself quite well to the Stealth levels I tried... ;-)

Are you going to do Shadow Keen 2 in one run without sleep? (Please say no...)

[and KeenRush--you released a beta of your work? *browses over PCKF and K:M forums* ...where?]

--Xky
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Beta of Yorphius II, Xky. This place didn't exist back then. And yeah, too bad the topic seems to be over page 20 in PCKF too, so it isn't there anymore. :(
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Are you going to do Shadow Keen 2 in one run without sleep? (Please say no...)
Possibly. I'm using one of my abandoned mods as a starter, {you can see its cruddyness in the prieviews of ShadowKeen} and I'll have schoolwork, so it'll be more like a few late nights rather than one spurt.
Actually, I released the beta of my mod, and full version within a month or two..
Not your first announced mod, you're fist mod attempt, which you abandoned.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Not your first announced mod, you're fist mod attempt, which you abandoned.
I can't understand that. :\

My first mod attempt was Blade Keen or something like that, where Keen would hunt vampires.. (*crazy*) I was pretty much Blade fan back then, and still am.. But that I stopped in few days, when modkeen appeared (I eagerly started with modlatch). After that I started working on Yorphius, which I finished. And if I remember correct I haven't said about Blade Keen anything other to public than in some posts that I first started modding making that kind of mod, which stopped..

After that, I have been working on many mod projects, which I have stopped or deleted or something, and sometimes shown some screens to public.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Exactly, your first mod was abandoned, as it appears, were many of your later efforts.
CommanderSpleen

GimmeScreens!!

Post by CommanderSpleen »

After that, I have been working on many mod projects, which I have stopped or deleted or something, and sometimes shown some screens to public.
Speaking of which, any chance you can churn out a couple of screens of your latest mod cancellation? *pleads*

>Commander Spleen[/quote]
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

^ Dunno. Probably not from the previous one, but I've planned releasing couple of teazer pleazers from the current on in work. Though, don't expect much, they're not worth of waiting!
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Update

Post by levellord »

Spurred on by KeenRush's patch, I have made great progress, the mod now lacks only levels.

Keen definitely will have no pogo, It will also contain the immortal vortikid patch, and no, most of the vortikids won't go falling off the screen.

BTW, does anyone have that QBasic program that edits CK 1-3 score files?