?????? in "Goodbye Galaxy!"

Anything related to Keen Modding.
TrueDude

Post by TrueDude »

I'm pretty sure you all should recognize who I'm putting into Commander Keen 5 by the above picture... But I'm still keeping it for fun right now.

I've already begun some progress, though not much has been done other than some sprites.

I will post updates as I make progress, though only something useful.
Draik

Post by Draik »

.......oh dear.

*shudder*
levellass

Post by levellass »

Oh yeah!

Oddly enough, if this is what I think it is, then I saw a start to this years and years ago.

If you need any help with patches, just ask, since I've been doing a lot of work on Keen 5 for Keen 9 (eh?)
TrueDude

Post by TrueDude »

levellass wrote:Oh yeah!

Oddly enough, if this is what I think it is, then I saw a start to this years and years ago.

If you need any help with patches, just ask, since I've been doing a lot of work on Keen 5 for Keen 9 (eh?)
No, I don't know what you're talking about, I've just started work on this a few weeks ago... Not to say it hasn't been attempted before. I've thought of a crossover for a long time. Just never knew it was THIS easy.

There are a few patches that I would like done, specifically involving the character (Sonic, if it wasn't obvious, though I'm making fun of that picture for that new game he's in with that) himself and how he ineracts with the environment. Lucky me you've worked on Keen 5, that's the game I'm using! :P

Right now graphics have begun being replaced, and I'm working on the World Map. (Or as it is called, the "Galactic Map" for this) I should start levels once all of SOnics main sprites are put in.
Draik

Post by Draik »

You ripping graphics straight from one of the games, or doing custom?
levellass

Post by levellass »

A few years back there was a series of pictures involving Sonic in a Keen level, if I recall, it was Keen 5. They were amusing.

What site are you getting your sprites from? Or are you just ripping them?

Let me know your patch requests ASAP (Though I probably won't be doing much until after christmas.)
TrueDude

Post by TrueDude »

levellass wrote:What site are you getting your sprites from? Or are you just ripping them?
Most of them are being self-ripped, with the exception of these ones from a screen saver that just looked too perfect to pass up:
(I'm giving credit to the ripper of course)

There will be some original art, though right now the main priority is getting Sonic himself in and the main world setup.
levellass wrote:Let me know your patch requests ASAP (Though I probably won't be doing much until after christmas.)
Alright, well there are a few that I want done, but the most important thing right now is to have Sonic kill most enemies when he is in the jumping frames once he makes contact. (with the exception of the ones that can't die from being shot anyways)

I'm considering what to do with shooting and pogo... Probably just remove them.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

This is beginning to sound interesting. I'm curious if you got a nice story why sonic is entering the Keeniverse.
TrueDude

Post by TrueDude »

Tulip wrote:This is beginning to sound interesting. I'm curious if you got a nice story why sonic is entering the Keeniverse.
I have a story in my head made up, though not completely finalized. It's a bit more like "why is the Keeniverse entering Sonic," though will feature both universes equally. (In fact it will probably feature more keen elements in graphics and gaeplay)
levellass

Post by levellass »

Hmmmn, that's an interesting set of patches there; removing pogo/shooting would give you a lot of space for custom enemy behaviors and deaths, and maybe even new enemies. (In fact, the removal of one of them will probably be needed, since the easiest way to make jumping Keen lethal (Much in the way pogoing Keen is lethal to sitting skypests.)

*Rubs hands with glee*
Grandy02

Post by Grandy02 »

Sounds promising, good luck with your mod! There haven't been many Keen mods starring console heroes so far (actually, the only released one that comes to my mind is the Keen 1 mod Zelda II).
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Good luck, this is going to be neat!