Teleporter 1A = Top x53 Bottom Y24
Bottom x53 y 25

Teleporter 1B = Top x61 y54
Bottom x61 y55

Teleporter 2A = Top x91 y12
Bottom x91 y13

Teleporter 2B= Top x64 y28
Bottom x64 y29

It would be great if u guys could do the translation for me for the teleporter in level patch. Thank You

Stealthy71088

edit: apparantly, If you have multiple yorp messages in a level, it doesnt cycle throught them like I thought. Could someone also please make a patch that makes it goes in order throught the different yorp messages? So If i go to a message spot, I'll get level 2's message. The next will be level 5's and so on. Don't worry about which message should be what, I have that all done so you have to do them in order. I just need the messages to be in order.
Thanks again

Stealthy71088
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

T1: 7688

T2: 4325

Good luck with the patch; it would involve a bit of work as the game currently can only refer to one patch text per level, repeated each time. I could make it [possibly] so that when you do the first patch the second patch comes next, but I doubt it.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Its alright. I figured out a way around the second one...I think.

What about the message patch thingy?

Edit: I completely mixed that up, didn't I?

Those numbers you gave me, I put the T1 ones for both of the T1 teles, and T2 ones for both the T2 teles right? I did that, but it didn't work right. I tried playing with it for awhile, but it didn't help.

On the plus side, I'm halfway through testing/editing
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Im sorry im double posting, but i dont think anyone saw my edit, and i cant finish without that patch. I tried those numbers but they didnt work. Are u sure those are the right values? I checked the coordinates again, and they are correct.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Aaah! Me stupid!

Stupid stupid stupid!

You need *two* values, one to get there, and one to get back!

Rrrggh!

Right;

T1: 7688 [Going from 53.24 to 61.54; put the sprite only on the top teleporter tiles]

-7432 to go from 61.54 to 53.24

[If these don't work its possible you have confused the x and y co-ordinates]

T2: 4325 and to return -4069
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I had to play with it a bit- the first teleporter had keen getting stuck because he spawned on top of the second teleporter. But its working now. Just 4 more things i have to do, and its done... i think

Edit: Its all done, other than the vorticon's death scenes, and the ending screen. I downloaded the program Keenrush created, but im still trying to figure out how to work it. Im searching online right now for a kscreen for dummies.

Im also playing around with LL's new spawning patches, trying to see what i can do with that.
Stealthy71088

Here it is

Post by Stealthy71088 »

http://www.freewebs.com/yahooseliteleag ... 20xmas.zip

Heres the game. I finally finished it. Let me know what you think.

edit: thats the right link, but it wont act like a link. Could someone fix that for me- im very short on time. thnx
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

http://www.freewebs.com/yahooseliteleag ... 20xmas.zip

Easy enough; just cut n' paste, without the [/url] linky thing, and replace all the spaces with %20

NOTE: The files ending in .~K1 are rubbish and should be deleted
XkyRauh

eep

Post by XkyRauh »

This mod is pretty cute--I liked the message from the child sleeping on the rooftop. :) Good job, Stealthy! I'll post more once I play a bit further; I'm stuck at work right now.
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

Are all four "ship parts" in the game, because i only found 3.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Note; you can only have one popup message per level, thats why your others didn't work.

I *know* its possible to make them run one after the other. But I don't know how.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

All four ship parts are in the level, but since its the cheat code, their ridiculously hard to find. For the hardest to find one, if the one you are missing is the one i think it is, look for something that looks different from the rest, and take a risk that looks pointless. I don't want to give it away, but I do want you to find it.

Because of the message thingy, I decided to just pick the one i liked best. I left the other messages in my patchfile, so anyone who wants to read what they can said can just open it up and look at the bottom. They're pretty funny.

What did you guys think of my story? Did you all get it?

Finally, I want my friends who have never keened before to be able to play it. Are the -k1 files needed for them?

Have fun!
Stealthy71088
Kdash

Post by Kdash »

No. I think the .~k1 files are just backup files. I'm not sure though, but they shouldn't need them.

Oh, and the ship parts, i got these:
The one at the end if you get through without dying.
The purple key one.
One under an ornament.
Where's the other????
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I was right. Just follow the hints i gave you before, and for a added hint, its outside the house. If you still cant find it, let me know.
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Could you guys let me know more about what you think, and constructive critisism so i can improve in my next mod?

ways to organize thoughts perhaps

1) Overall Strengths and Weaknesses

2) level design/difficulty- was it too difficult in terms of playing, or were the puzzles too difficult?

3) graphics- Personally, I think these are my best graphics yet, and not too gridlike either, but i want to see what you think.

4) Story- Did you guys get my jokes? Did it all make sense? Did I somehow create some sort of paradox in my game?

5) Sprites- If you guys had a chance to see my first sprites in Pyramid, you would know why I'm asking you about them. Did you have a favorite sprite? Or thought one was made really badly?