It's quiet around here.

The Commander Keen Community Mod!
lemm

Post by lemm »

They would all use the level90 tileset. However, they aren't limited to one static screen; the camera could scroll a bit. There could also be an unlimited amount of previews screens to get more graphics in if there is no room in the tileset. Bitmap usage (1BMPxxxx.bmp, such as the main menu mural), can not be very expansive because the tiles take up a fair bit of room.

With respect to making the screens, it's just simply calling a few of the existing keen functions, such as draw_bitmap(x,y,bitmap_id), draw_tile(x,y,tile_id), draw_sprite, draw_string, etc etc and varying the content and position of whatever element is being drawn.
levellass

Post by levellass »

And we'll need a lot of BMP stuff for the end ing I should think, which will also use a lot of windows and finale type graphics. I myself am considering making my mod's ending nothing but, all text and everything just being a set of snapshots.

It would be nice to set up some sort of program for this, so ordinary people of unlemmish ability could set up screens how they liked.
lemm

Post by lemm »

I think a keen screen maker would be feasible.