ModKeen 2.0.1 released.

ModKeen mods Tiles and Sprites in all episodes of Commander Keen.
adurdin
Site Founder

ModKeen 2.0.1 released.

Post by adurdin »

I've just released ModKeen 2.0.1.
The only change is to fix a bug that was noticed when importing Keen 3 data (although it could have appeared for Keen 1 and 2 also). I'd recommend anyone using ModKeen 2 for Keen 1, 2, or 3 to get this version.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Argh, my heart skipped over couple of beats because I thought this was the one with Dreams support. :)
Good to hear something is fixed.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Andy, put the dreams support Modkeen (ModKeen v2.02?) in the Keen dreams section.
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

Levellord: No -- C0k3Duck is an irresponsible, offensive, and mischevous individual. I wouldn't be surprised if his so-called "EgaGraph" was full of spyware and viruses. His IP is permanently banned from this board (which is why he didn't post it himself), and I've disabled the link to his program for that reason.
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Its not about the noodle incident is it? Thats ancint history, no one remembers it.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

Really, at least half of your posts are totally something I just can't understand.. :|]

Heh, cool post adurdin! :)
XkyRauh

re: The Noodle Incident

Post by XkyRauh »

KeenRush: "The Noodle Incident" was something from Calvin and Hobbes--we were never told exactly WHAT happened in The Noodle Incident, but it was obviously very bad, because every time it was brought up, Calvin became incredibly defensive and hostile. :-)

--Xky
levellord
Crazy pAtChEr

Post by levellord »

Ever wonder where Calvin got the idea?
Really, at least half of your posts are totally something I just can't understand.. :|]
Warum KeenRush, was auf Masse bedeuten Sie? Ich bin sinnvoll nicht ich?

My posts are understandable aren't they? I am a veritable vestible of logical prose. And while I'm at it, I'll use this colour. Whee! You can't see this! Hahahaha! I can swear and all sorts.
adurdin
Site Founder

Post by adurdin »

All right, all right -- try to keep calm, and more-or-less on topic.
The_Fosti

Post by The_Fosti »

Hi there, i'm sorry but the link doesn?t work.
Quite a long time between the last post and this one no? :)
Edit: Thanks, i downloaded it but now:
I need help with mod keen.
I did Unlzexe, i exported the graphics, and then i imported them, runned ck4patch and the game doesn?t work. The console in windows closes instantly and in DOsBox there comes the loading screen and after that a mess of colours.
First i tried writing text in the start menu bmp with paint and importing it but it dindt work.
Then I tried it again without changing any of the graphics and the same problem.
What can I do?
This forum is a bit crazy. It gives me errors when i make a reply or create a topic. I think it don?t likes me:

(Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1271 Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN ')
Last edited by The_Fosti on Wed May 02, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
levellass

Post by levellass »

That's because this is a sticky; after the initial furour dies down, only the first post usually need be read.

Try the galaxymake link, which has ModKeen in it: http://shadowm2006.sitesled.com/galaxymk.zip
Shadow Master

Bugs!

Post by Shadow Master »

I tried to export data from the Alien vs. Keen mod with my personal port of ModKeen (the cutting edge version, which is 3.0.alpha1). However, it says:

> ERROR: EgaHead should have only 119 sprites! Check your version!

Then, I tried with Andy's official ModKeen 1. It exports the data. Then I thought "oh my! I accidentally caused a bug in my ModKeen 2.0.1 port!". Obviously, isn't it?

However, using Andy's official ModKeen 2.0.1 (note the version number, it's the latest bugfix release) returns:

> ERROR: EgaHead should have only 119 sprites! Check your version!

Well, is it a bug in the Alien vs. Keen mod, or a ModKeen 2.0.1 bug?

BTW, I stumbled upon this issue last Sunday.
levellass

Post by levellass »

LL did that; when she made AvK she added extra sprite frames, these will be extracted with the oigional ModKeen; Andy's 2.01 version however checks how many sprits are in the EGAHEAD file, while this is more advanced, it also means you cannot add/remove sprite frames from the HEAD.

You could say the 1-3 version is too dumb to notice this. (It is also too dumb to modify the EGALATCH file, this must be done manually for each sprite. As you can see, if the 119 sprite restriction was removed and LATCH capcity added, we could have as many sprites in Keens 1-3 as we wished.)

In summary, Levellord pwned you.
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

Expect a hack (er, patch) for ModKeen 2.0.1 source code coming soon. I'll also make sure LModKeen II and LModKeen 3.0.alpha1 have that patch applied.

And expect it as the "unstability insurance patch" or something.
Shadow Master

Post by Shadow Master »

Uh, OK, but I'd really like to have extra sprite frames in my mods.