Falling Platforms

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
Fleexy
Site Admin

Falling Platforms

Post by Fleexy »

I'm trying to put one of those dropping platforms into a Keen 6 level. From what I've gathered, I use the icon of the rectangular platform with the yellow arrow under it pointing down. Then I placed a "B" thing farther down under it. I think that's supposed to make it stop there, but it doesn't. It just plummets down into the depths. (No, they are not on animating tiles) Help?
Gridlock

Post by Gridlock »

Firstly, make sure everything is aligned properly. If it still doesn't work, try placing a second B thing under the first. Sometimes, at least in Keen 6, they don't always work. Did Dosbox cause the screen to flicker when you fell through the block?
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

No, the screen didn't flicker. I tried the 2nd B thing and it didn't work either (it was aligned properly). I found that it doesn't like the B right under the platform. It needs to be something like this:

Code: Select all

_ (falling platform)
# (blank space)
B (B thing)
Got it now and level submitted (without even floating hazards!).
levellass

Post by levellass »

There is a certain 'warning height' where the platform will not fall, but sit when Keen touches it and jumps off. If the B is in this distance it is ignored. This can be patched.