Mapmaking: NetKeen

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
BBalazs

Post by BBalazs »

In a matter of just a few days, we are ready to send you a number of levels for Netkeen, ck6 edition. We also have a few ck4 levels, if you are interested.

Question: is there any way to change the background music for a given level? We can't seem to find a way.

Also, there seem to be some limitations in the tileset (mostly clipping bugs on the steepest versions of slopes on some terrain, and we found that the CK6 switch, the one you need the pogo to activate, is not working), but so far our maps don't include these.

Oh, another thing: is the e-mail in your profile good enough to send the files? I hope you can combine it with your work easily.
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

The email on my profile should be fine. Looking forward to recieving your levels :)

Unfortunately the Keen 6 style will not work correctly, since netkeen uses the Keen 5 engine which doesn't support them. As far as slopes being buggy, I thought I had worked out all the kinks, if you find specific tiles that are wrong please let me know.

As far as music goes, it requires using a hex editor to edit the episodeX.ckX file. If you just let me know which song you want to play for which level, I can set that up when you send them to me.