Keen: Galaxy editor - it's coming

Utilities for editing Keen:Galaxy and Keen:Dreams levels.
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow! Thank you for helping!

--Fleexy
Fleexy
Site Admin

:-)

Post by Fleexy »

THANK YOU MINK! It works!

*Fleexy writes Mink on special thanks list*

Impossibly hard levels, here I come!

Humph, I can't get platforms and bridges to work with TPT though... :[

HELP AGAIN!!

--Fleexy

P.S.: CK Guy, maybe you could add a link tool like Mindbelt. :]
Mink

Post by Mink »

Glad it's working for you now. I look forward to seeing some nice levels from you.
In regards to the platforms and bridges, the following article was written by adurdin for TED5, but the method is the same in TPT:
adurdin wrote:PLATFORMS AND BRIDGES AND DOORS (OH MY!)
Once you have a basic level made, you'll want to add more advanced features like moving platforms, switches, bridges, doors, and so on. These are all done with links in the info layer. I'll start with the simplest: moving platforms.

A simple moving platform in Secret of the Oracle can be placed by putting a moving platform icon with a red arrow in the desired spot. To stop the platform moving off the edge of the screen however, you'll need to put some blocking tiles in its path: these icons look like a "B" in a square. Put one blocking tile to each side (for a horizontally-moving platform) or above and below (for a vertically-moving platform). A collapsing platform (the one with a yellow triangle below) only needs a single blocking tile beneath it. In Keen 5 and Keen 6, the platforms with green arrows (known as Goplats) need a path made of the yellow arrow icons to follow.

Often you want the player to have to turn a platform on with a switch. To do this, you need to place another blocking tile in the way of the platform between the other two. Make a note of the hexadecimal values of the location of the tile (the X and Y values beginning with $ at the right-hand side of the status bar). Now place a switch in an appropriate place, and link it to the blocking tile: Choose Misc, New INFOPLANE Value or press Enter, and type in a $ followed by the last two digits of the X and Y values you wrote down (see the picture for an example). Then click on the switch; this will place the link in the info plane, which will be shown as four digits. The switch will now turn the blocking tile off, to activate the platform.

In the same way, you can link a switch to a bridge (link to the left-hand edge of the bridge), a gem-holder to a closed door (link to the top of the door), and a walk-in doorway to the place you walk out (link to where you want Keen's feet to end up after he enters the doorway). Note that if you create a link from a switch to a square with nothing in the info plane, that switch will turn a blocking tile on; also that you need to use a particular tile to make a walk-in door (find out by looking at an existing level).
If this doesn't resolve your problems, don't hesitate to ask for more help.
pizza2004

Post by pizza2004 »

Um, I know thi topic is old, but I'm just wondering what ever happened to this? What language was it written in? Could I maybe obtain the source code?
Draik

Post by Draik »

whee.

I'm pretty sure it's written in Euphoria. And if I recall, CK Guy misplaced the source for TPT some while ago.
pizza2004

Post by pizza2004 »

Okay, never mind then!
Nospike

Post by Nospike »

Yes, YES! Thanks to whoever made me to register here! I never got the TPT levels working, but now I know how to fix it. It was so easy. TPT is the simplest editor ever! CK Guy, you're a master!