Korath I and II

Discussion and analysis of graphics, story, levels, and so on.

Do you accept this theory?

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 6

Hece

Korath I and II

Post by Hece »

There is planet called Korath III in Keen 5 and it is inhabited by Korath people. http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Korath_III

Name suggests that Korath people have inhabited two other planets before this and it is third planet on the Korath system. Also it is very dry, so there must be hot, and sun nearby.

My theory is this:

(Sun is not our sun, it's Korath Systems sun)
Korath were natives in Korath I, whitch was nearest to sun. Sun started to expand, and Korath I became too hot so the Korath people moved to 2nd planet from the sun, named as Korath II. the sun continued to expand and swallowed Korath I and slowly burnt Korath II atmosphere away, so Korath needed to move even further, to the 3rd planet known as Korath III.

Korath III is not far from Korath II and I, and it's dry. Korath III is not in danger to heat up as former planets, becose the sun has already expand to it's limits.
EricMushroomWilson

Re: Korath I and II

Post by EricMushroomWilson »

Hece wrote:Name suggests that Korath people have inhabited two other planets before this and it is third planet on the Korath system.
The name does mean it's the third in the Korath system, but depending on who named it that doesn't necessarily mean that Korath I and II are or were inhabited by the same beings. Wouldn't that also mean that the Vorticons would be on their sixth planet, having lived on five others in the past? I would assume "Korath III" is similar to calling Earth "Sol III" or the like, and that Korath may be somebody's (the Shikadi's?) name for the star it orbits. Possibly those who live there have a different name for it.

It's an interesting theory nonetheless. Although, if I may make a suggestion, I don't think it's modding related, maybe it belongs in the "Other Keen Stuff" section of the Public Commander Keen Forum? (I could be wrong, maybe it can belong here)
Hece

Post by Hece »

Name suggests that Korath people have inhabited two other planets before this and it is third planet on the Korath system.

There was AND. First line in KeenWiki from Korath III; Korath III is the third planet on the Korath system.

III means that Korath people have inhabited three other planets before this.

Read more carefully next time.
EricMushroomWilson

Post by EricMushroomWilson »

Hece wrote:Name suggests that Korath people have inhabited two other planets before this and it is third planet on the Korath system.

There was AND. First line in KeenWiki from Korath III; Korath III is the third planet on the Korath system.

III means that Korath people have inhabited three other planets before this.

Read more carefully next time.
I did read that, I was disagreeing with the conclusion that the name means it's the third planet they've inhabited.

The Vorticons live on Vorticon VI, does that mean they've lived on five other planets before that?
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Also we live on Sol III and that doesn't mean that we've lived on Mercury and Venus.
Hece

Post by Hece »

CommanderSpleen wrote:Also we live on Sol III and that doesn't mean that we've lived on Mercury and Venus.
You didn't read my other posts, did you?
Fleexy
Site Admin

Post by Fleexy »

Calm down; this forum is for discussing ideas, not all of which may take the interest of all the members...