Boobus requests

Request patches for Keen Dreams.
szemigi

Boobus requests

Post by szemigi »

I can complete the Keen Dreams boss level without beating the King boobus tuber (so I can complete the boss level by touching the exit - no matter the boss is there).

If I'm in the boss level (no matter the boss is in that level), in the score box the flower power sprite + its counter appears instead of the bomb sprite + its counter. So the boss can be killed by ONLY flower power (just like the other enemies).

If Keen picks up a boobus bomb, he cannot throw that away (it's like he picks up a simple point item.)

If I kill the boss, the game doesn't jump to the ending + the boss uses the wilted flower sprite (just like the other enemies I can kill.)
levellass

Post by levellass »

You can already complete the level by exiting that way. I take it instead you mean when you exit the level you win the game?

These patches make it so Keen only shoots Flower Powers; careful though, some of these will be rewritten to make Keen shoot diagonally. (Keep them where hey can be easily replaced.)

Code: Select all

#What levels Keen fires Boobus Bombs in instead of Flower Power
%patch $5EF8 $8F3EW $0F $EB #Show bomb tile in scorebox
%patch $6192 $8F3EW $0F $EB #Show bomb count in scorebox
%patch $6378 $8F3EW $0F $EB #Use, decrease bomb counter when shooting
%patch $6464 $90 $90        #Projectile looks like bomb
%patch $6934 $8F3EW $0F $EB #Landed projectile turn into bomb

I'm sure I already gave you this, but this makes the Boobus Bombs into a 10K point item:

#Boobus Bombs is 10K point item
%patch $7787 $B8 $0007W  $50 $9A $10BB1282RL     $44 $44 $C7 $44 $20 $00D1W
             $B8 $2710W  $50 $9A $044D090ERL     $44 $44 $EB $1F

Now, you wanted each enemy to be killable yes? But you want the enemies now to all use the wilted flowers?
szemigi

Post by szemigi »

1. I tried it:
I completed Level 15 without beating the boss, I made exit in that level with TOM, then I went to the exit and I jumped to Level 16 and not to the ending.
I completed the last level (aka Level 16) and when I went to the exit of Level 16, the game crashed, as there was no more level after Level 16 (okay, there is the TITLE SCREEN level, which doesn't count as playable level).

So after all: I want a patch, with which I can complete the boss level (Level 15) without beating the boss, so I can simply run to the exit and then the ending sequence appears. (Of course keep in mind that the boss uses the wilted flower death animation and the boss has 1 life, so you have to throw 1 flower power to kill him!)

Another note: If I kill the boss with flower power, the game doesn't jump to the ending sequence, but when I touch the exit of the boss level (no matter I killed the boss or not), the game will jump to the ending sequence.

Moreover, the ending sequence has only 1 page (after pressing ENTER or something I go to the high score screen). The ending sequence's 1 page has as small size as the 'Game over!' window size. (When I run to the exit in Level 15, the small 1st page of the ending sequence would say YOU WIN, that's why I want this patch like this.)

2. Thanks.

3. Yeah, so also thanks.

4. Yeah, and yeah, I decided to use the wilted flower for all enemies (including the boss).

Question:

How did you make the STARTSC.BIN work in Keen Meets the meats? With which programme did you make it work? Because I edited it in TheDraw and I saved it as BIN, but I need a TXT file as well. How can I make the TXT code work properly? And how can I make KDREAMS.DAT and KDREAMS.TXT?

Tell me.
levellass

Post by levellass »

You need to drag-and-drop the .bin file onto Keengraph. This will make it ask you if you want to create a Keen Dreams style start screen. If you select that it will produce the two files. (These files need to be patched in!)

This patch makes Boobus stun just like any other enemy:

#Boobus stuns normally
%patch $65E6 $06E3W

This patch makes the maximum level level 15; you must replace the old 'go to next level' patch with it:

#Keen goes to the next level instead of the map -max level is level 15
%patch $5DF9 $83 $3E $7124W  $0F $73 $26 $FF $06 $7124W  $B8 $000BW  $50 $9A
             $10BB1282RL $44 $44 $EB $1B

This patch replaces the whole ending sequence with a 'YOU WIN!' window. You can tweak the window size as you like it.

#Ending sequence has only one window
%patch $5956 $CB
%patch $5918 $0002W #Window height (21 chars)
%patch $591C $000CW #Window width (30 chars)
%patch $24128 "YOU WIN!" $00