Keen dreams level editer?

Request patches for Keen Dreams.
Quirky Moron

Keen dreams level editer?

Post by Quirky Moron »

Will there ever be a keen dreams level editer?
Scizor CT

Post by Scizor CT »

From what I remember, theoretically Ted5 could be made to work with it, but it would require more time than Andrew has or cares to devote to the endevor just now.
KeenRush
Patch Maker

Post by KeenRush »

One would be sooo neat..

adurdin: in topic: "Keen Dreams Levels?"
There are some fairly significant differences between Keens 4-6 and Dreams that would complicate the task of getting TED5 to work with it - - but it's by no means impossible. At present, though, I don't have the time.
Wow, I haven't *ever* use so much code-tags in one post! :)
levellass

Post by levellass »

I have written a Keen Dreams Tedsetup, I can make Keen Dreams levels in TED5, I cannot however, compress them into Keen Dreams, as I do not know what kind of compression it uses.

Andy states that it is Huffman, but this doesn't work out, if it were, each entry at the maphead locations would have a dword giving the length of compressed data, this would entail SOMWHERE in the data the string '$00 $00', of which there are none, indeed, small value strings ($0x) are very rare.

On the other hand, whatever compression it is, isn't RLE or carmack, since there are no repeated flag values and the RLEW flags are obliterated in it. Can anyone help me with just what this is?

I am trying to release a Keen Dreams mod, I was hoping to get it out be Keen day, but this seems fated not to happen.

(On a related note, I cannot find the AUDIOHED file, even though there is an AUDIODCT, and presumably also a MAPDCT, what I'm looking for is a dword with the value of the length of the AUDIO file.)