k5 music in k4

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
Bubzrulz

k5 music in k4

Post by Bubzrulz »

can you patch audio.ck5 into k4 i have tried a few ways 1st using abiathar and keenwave neither worked for me maybe i didnt do it right tho
levellass

Re: k5 music in k4

Post by levellass »

No, the two files, and the headers, and their audio dictionaries are too different to do this easily. The best thing to do is to export the Keen 5 songs, then import them into Keen 4. In Abithar this will also set up patches for the different number of songs you'll get in Keen 4.
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

to do so, follow this guide over here:
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/KeenWave

in short: put KeenWave into your K5 project folder. create an empty sub-folder and name it out. create also a textfile named IDWAVE.TXT (should be in your KeenWave download folder) and type in the following parameters to extract the sounds:

Code: Select all

-episode=5 -export=raw -snddir="out"
now you can tweak and copy the extracted audio and sound files to your liking and import them later on.
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

Nisaba wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:24 am to do so, follow this guide over here:
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/KeenWave

in short: put KeenWave into your K5 project folder. create an empty sub-folder and name it out. create also a textfile named IDWAVE.TXT (should be in your KeenWave download folder) and type in the following parameters to extract the sounds:

Code: Select all

-episode=5 -export=raw -snddir="out"
now you can tweak and copy the extracted audio and sound files to your liking and import them later on.
then inported it to audio.ck4 and music still same ??
levellass

Post by levellass »

HOW did you import it?Did you just take all the Keen 5 files and import them? That gives you an 'AUDIO.CK4' that's just Keen 5 files, just a renaming really. You should be able to notice the changes when you import an extracted AUDIO.CK4 when you alter the exported files, if nothing is changing try deleting an exported file, you should get a 'file not found!' error, if THAT doesn't happen then something really screwed up is going on.

If you keep having problems I can zip up and send you a working setup.
Bubzrulz

Post by Bubzrulz »

levellass wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:35 am

If you keep having problems I can zip up and send you a working setup.
ok can you do it for me i cant get it