Level behaves like Worldmap

Request patches for Keens 4-6.
Nisaba

Level behaves like Worldmap

Post by Nisaba »

I'm looking for a solution to enter various levels via doors within a level.
normally Keen can only choose on the worldmap, which level to go to next. I'd like to have a way of doing this in level as well.

which patches to tweak?
Bubzrulz

Re: Level behaves like Worldmap

Post by Bubzrulz »

Nisaba wrote:I'm looking for a solution to enter various levels via doors within a level.
normally Keen can only choose on the worldmap, which level to go to next. I'd like to have a way of doing this in level as well.

which patches to tweak?
have thought of this idea too following this for sure
levellass

Post by levellass »

This is a tricky subject. If I read you right you want some sort of modified door, if Keen presses up (or whatever action) then the level ends and he goes to another level.

That would be a big and complex patch, though not *hard* as such. If the both of you want this (I am assuming for Keen 4) I can tackle it in the next week when my patching schedule should become more definite. If there are any details you'd like to add please do so now. (Such as what exactly would trigger Keen going to another level.)
Nisaba

Post by Nisaba »

LL wrote:What exactly would trigger Keen going to another level?
by now... just the normal door thing (press up).

also, levels shouldn't get marked as DONE after leaving them throughout a door. meaning, one can re-enter certain (all?) levels as often as needed. back and forth and back and forth.
just think about it as a giant single level. a house with a lot's of doors or something similar...

additionally Keen needs to keep all the stuff he collects along the way (keys and stuff).

this is a relatively vague idea.
so I'm not quite to sure yet which episode to use this for.
meaning: Time doesn't matter. this would be just a nice feature to have, for getting creative. so please no hurries (at least not for me).