Tribulation of the Yorps

Showcase your completed mod here!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Alright, thank you very much. I like both you levels, but they rank very high on the difficulty meter. I guess I'll put them somewhere on the map where you don't have to complete them. I like your jack sprite, it fits rest of the mod graphics very well. Do you have a name for it?
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

so now you still need 3 levels?

*Goes back looking at tileset, because the 16 keen-s levels are done.)*
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

Its based off the skypest, so I guess I'll call it the junglepest.

The first one is actually super easy if you know what you're doing- I put a huge shortcut in it. If you wait around long enough in the first room you'll see it.

I'm a little disappointed you thought they were that hard though- I tried hard to not make them too difficult. Although I guess I had it coming in the second level for that one jack in the beginning :)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Yes, shikadi, three levels are still open. I'll send you the new version if you like to make another level.

And Stealthy, I didn't think the levels are too hard, but they still may be the hardest levels in the mod, together with shikadis "house of shots". As I said, I liked both your levels very much. Much more than my own levels I have to say.
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

you can make the filler levels

(one level is already done)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

You already made another level? send it over!
shikadi

Post by shikadi »

levels is sent.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

The mod is finished.

Get Tribulation.zip here:

http://www.mediafire.com/tulip

Download it and have fun.

I hope for many reviews!
levellass

Post by levellass »

Start-to-crate time: Not a crate in sight again. I am impressed by the use of the forest theme.

Graphics: Not your best, but not bad either. Some parts I felt were either rushed, or copied from somewhere. Your trees are excellent, maybe even Keen 4 quality, but I think the houses were a bit flat. The enemies were similar, the ninja Yorps were rather one dimensional analogues, yet your Meeps were awesome.

Patching: Not used to its full potential I think, mostly in just small lacks of things, like strength differences or text patches. This matches the rest of the mod, which I think has a slight incomplete feel, like it was a rushed addition to something already there. I find it a pity there is no new sounds in it.

Documentation: Basic, but serviceable, story and end text altered nicely. Possibly your greatest strength here.

Levels: I personally think these were a bit too hard, especially the ones with many yorpninja in them. I would have used less monsters and maybe more hazard tiles. Otherwise they hold up rather well.

Gameplay: Rather a bit like Keen 3, especially enemy-wise, but still a good mod.

Score: 7/10 I think this isn't as great as it could be, but is still a pretty decent effort. Good work!
Ceilick
Deputy Administrator

Post by Ceilick »

Graphics: Not your best, but not bad either.
Not sure if this was directed at Tulip, but for clarity's sake: the majority of the graphics in here were done by me about six years ago. Some of the better looking graphics (including teh trees) were done by Keenrush at that time. Tulip's biggest graphical contribution was the great endscreen :)
levellass

Post by levellass »

Then your graphics six years ago are not as good as Tulip's a few months ago. Sorry there ;p
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

link's broken. Could I have a mirror?
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

No it's not. The link works. Try again. If you still can't download it I'll send it to you.
lemm

Post by lemm »

I liked the forest theme, and the clouds were awesome!
Stealthy71088

Post by Stealthy71088 »

I'm sorry I still can't get it to work :(.