Benvolio's Fun-Pack 2011

Showcase your completed mod here!
Benvolio

Benvolio's Fun-Pack 2011

Post by Benvolio »

Good evening my good friends!

I am tonight releasing a zip entitled "Benvolio's Fun-Pack 2011" which contains a few intriguing abandoned Keen1 modding projects which I have dabbled in since the latter half of 2005.

More specifically, the pack contains three mods, as follows:

The Psychedelic Mod

The original idea here was to make a vividly colourful, trippy adventure in which Keen is trapped in hallucinogenic world by some poison administered by Mortimer McMire. What has emerged from five years of sporadic work is a mini-mod which, I hope, gives a good flavour for what was envisaged originally!

Sorry I've no screenshots right now as I don't have access to the webspace (it belongs to my Dad)!

Earl Pedro in "Untitled"

This little mod showcases Earl Pedro, a panama-hat wearin' pipe smokin' detective, in Spanish surroundings old and new, cultured and tacky, in four simple levels. He was originally going to solve murder mysteries but, in this limited form, he is merely a tourist, taking in scenic castles and holiday beach resorts.

Highway Blues

This was another, ridiculously ambitious project, attempting to place Keen behind the wheel of an entirely un-glamourous hatchback, and drive across the United States. I envisaged a lengthy series of motorway-type levels, ideally with hazardous drivers threatening poor Keen. What emerges now is a taster of the potential of such a mod.

I hope you will agree with me that, while nothing special, these bits and pieces were worth putting out there for public amusement rather than gathering dust in old zip files on a DVD rom, as they had done until recently!

I hereby declare that the content is fair game for people to use in their modding endeavours, - who knows someone could conceivably take an interest in furthering the development of one of the projects. Unlikely!!

Oh and happy Halloween everyone! Why not go have a look at Benvolilord's Halloween Horrors (2005), a classic from bygone days!
CommanderSpleen

Post by CommanderSpleen »

Psychedelic mod is my favourite Benvolio production ever.
lemm

Post by lemm »

If the player could move up and down at will, the highway blues perspective, combined with an autoscrolling level patch, could make for a neat-o mod.

I'm thinking banana-mod 2
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Spleen, I'd a feeling you'd be one to appreciate the Psychedelic mod alright! I am still tantalised and inspired by the preview images in OrbKeen Beta years ago, with the potions and pipes and stuff... keep workin on it man!!

And Lemm, that sounds like an intriguing idea, you are welcome to try adapt the Highway Blues mod to that end... the level-editing was done laboriously on KeenWright (a beloved piece of software) but perhaps newer editor might enhance the efficiency of the placement of repeating patterns! You also have top-class patching ability which could help you in that end...! I didn't employ any new-skool patches as i stopped doing anything on that mod around 2006ish or something... that is an excellent idea, woah perhaps a speedometer could be devised based on how much he is lagging behind the scrolling display! Very laborious though, the results would have to be stunning to make it worth the work!