Super Mario Brothers 1

Showcase your completed mod here!
szemigi

Super Mario Brothers 1

Post by szemigi »

Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

well i'm not the biggest fan of mods that replicate previous games, (though i have enjoyed the dangerous dave mods in the past...) you've done a good job graphically but i think some of the level design is unfortunate, some repetitive long hall syndrome (LHS) at times, something modders are urged to avoid! although at the same time i have to commend you for the linear style of levels typical of early scroller games such as mario. i guess a balance has to be struck.

also, i dunno if you realise this but most of your levels have an exit right beside the starting point. perhaps this should be remedied :-P

one other thing, the clipping of mario could have been a little tighter! that is done with the right hand side panel of the sprite frame images, changing the size of the red and grey areas.

all this said, the production of new modding projects is something i always encourage so keep it up!
szemigi

Post by szemigi »

Yeah, i keep it up. Super Mario Bros. 2 - Lost Levels. ;)
levellass

Post by levellass »

(though i have enjoyed the dangerous dave mods in the past...)
Wait... what?
lemm

Post by lemm »

I think he means the keen mod that replicated dangerous dave (?).
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

lemm is correct; i was unclear. Flaose's mod is a classic, largely for its simplicity and historic status in the modding timeline. and the fact that it is a fascinating 'mod-umentary'.
levellass

Post by levellass »

Aaaah the Dangerous Dave in Copyright Infringement mod made years before the 'game' was released? It is indeed classic.